Question Ticketmaster.co.uk/Pardon Interruption/Verification Issue

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
Good morning

I have been trying to access my Ticketmaster.co.uk account. I can get to the website but as soon as I click on LOGIN it displays the following message on the next page:

Pardon the Interruption

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:

• You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript is preventing JavaScript from running.

What should also appear is a "Verify Button" to click to prove I am not a bot. I need to click on this button so I can fully access my account. Regardless of what browser I use - Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Brave etc - the same things happens! I have checked and double checked every conceivable thing I know but nothing works. Turned off security, turned off Ad blocker, deleted cookies, tried a different IP address via VPN. & more. Nothing has worked. Ticketmaster, sadly, have been fairly useless! Weirdly it does work via my Iphone which has no practical use other to confirm to me about the needed mystery verify button. It also works at the free PCs at my local library. Again this has no practical use as I am a wheelchair user and the library has a number of steps to get access. So, I really do need full access at home on my PC.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Peace all!

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
Thank you for the reply. I have used ADW Cleaner (Malwarebytes) & Junk Ware Removal Tool (Bleeping Computer). The reports are detailed below. Sadly nothing obvious showed up. They both ran & completed quite quickly so perhaps they were not as thorough as they should be.

I am just running a full scan using my AVG Internet Security.

ADW

** [ Services ] ***

No malicious services found.

* [ Folders ] *

PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare

* [ Files ] *

No malicious files found.

* [ DLL ] *

No malicious DLLs found.

* [ WMI ] *

No malicious WMI found.

* [ Shortcuts ] *

No malicious shortcuts found.

* [ Tasks ] *

No malicious tasks found.

* [ Registry ] *

PUP.Optional.FreeMakeConverter HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32|ProductUpdater
PUP.Optional.FreeMakeConverter HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|ProductUpdater

* [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *

No malicious Chromium entries found.

* [ Chromium URLs ] *

No malicious Chromium URLs found.

* [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *

PUP.Optional.AmazonTB Amazon Assistant - abb@amazon.com

* [ Firefox URLs ] *

No malicious Firefox URLs found.

* [ Hosts File Entries ] *

No malicious hosts file entries found.

* [ Preinstalled Software ] *

Preinstalled.SamsungSmartSwitch Folder C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Roaming\SAMSUNG\SMART SWITCH PC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.4 (07.09.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Ran by Bernie (Administrator) on 07/05/2022 at 15:27:50.29

File System: 9

Successfully deleted: C:\ProgramData\productdata (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\ProgramData\thunder network (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\chgdeabpmphfhkoemjjglmilajldekbp (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Roaming\media freeware (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\58fwdit8.default-1601107121643\extensions\jid1-dwtFBkQjb3SIQp@jetpack.xpi (File)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Bernie\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\58fwdit8.default-1601107121643\extensions\staged (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Public\thunder network (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tasks\Wise Turbo Checker.job (Task)
Successfully deleted: C:\WINDOWS\wininit.ini (File)

Registry: 2

Successfully deleted: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1FD49718-1D00-4B19-AF5F-070AF6D5D54C} (Registry Key)
Successfully deleted: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1FD49718-1D00-4B19-AF5F-070AF6D5D54C} (Registry Key)

Scan was completed on 07/05/2022 at 15:37:58.44
End of JRT log

someone had the same problem here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-access/3c3ee025-2449-4d6e-ad9d-9d52b3bbb757

they indicated the second method to repair fixed the issue. Take a quick look
here is the text:
Method 2:
  • You can also try to repair it by Pressing Windows key + I
  • Click on Apps
  • Under Apps & features look for Microsoft Edge and then click on it on and click on Modify and then click on Repair
  • Check and try it again

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You can download an ISO for nearly any Linux distro and burn to DVD or write to a USB drive. You then boot from that media and run a "live" session (don't actually install Linux). Basically run will run Linux in memory, directly from the boot media.

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
Thank you all for the replies!

I tried the Linux Distro USB and I ran a live session but sadly got the same "Pardon the Interruption" screen with no Verify button.
I also tried Microsoft Edge suggestion too. I tried all 3 methods and again got the same "Pardon the Interruption" screen with no Verify button.

This is really turning into quite a mystery.

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
An update. I dragged an old Dell laptop out of the loft with Windows 7 - not used it in years! Fired it up, connected to my household wireless and got the same "pardon the interruption error". However I connected it to my Iphone via Personal Hotspot and it worked. I was able to get into my Ticketmaster account with Firefox.

As to where I go from here I have not worked that one out yet. Am I missing something obvious? After years and years of using PCs I realize how little I actually know!

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
On my PC I use a wired connection via a Netgear Home Plug. For the Dell laptop I used a wireless connection from the same router which is a Community Fibre service. Both give the same "Pardon the Interruption" issue. The weird thing is that the Dell laptop connected to my Iphone using Personal Hotspot actually worked. As you can imagine my Iphone was using mobile service (EE/Plusnet)

Last edited:

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
I have had some success. I bought a cheap TP Link USB Wireless Dongle from Amazon. Plugged it into my Desktop, connected it to my Iphone via Personal Hotspot and success. I was able to connect to Ticketmaster.

However I am still puzzled as to why I still cannot connect via my ISP? DNS or Routing issue?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If it works via other networks, then the ISP seems the culprit. Does your ISP require any management software be installed on client devices?

If you connect your smartphone to your home network and use that to connect to the site, does it too fail?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Weirdly it does work via my Iphone
If you connect your smartphone to your home network and use that to connect to the site, does it too fail?
i could be misunderstanding him but it appears it works, although he might not be using iphone on WiFi.
If phone can't connect, and its on 2 different computers using Ethernet and WiFi, its likely not his end. Could be ISP.

BernieLondon

Prominent
May 7, 2022
Thank you for the reply. I have submitted a request to my ISP to look into it.

I have not tried connecting my smartphone to my home network & trying to connect to the site. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks again.

Update

I connected my Smartphone to my Home Network and I was not able to connect. So, almost certainly the issue lies with my ISP.

Cheers!

Last edited: