Tilt mech ball size?

Does anyone know the right size for the ball bearing in the 'rolling-ball tilt
mechanism' for these EM games below:

Williams 1967 "Magic City"
Gottlieb 1971 "Drop-A-Card"

Thanks,
--- Rob

I seem to recall that EM's typically use 3/4". I think a 7/8" would
work in a pinch, though.

Oh yea, that's good advise... ask Steve at PBR a simple question like
that. He just LOVES it when people ask stuff like that... it's even
better if you have no part number, and show a lack of expert pinball
knowledge. He will always take the time to clearly explain to a newbie
something simple until you completely understand it.

NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

I don't give two shits how Steve-o' talks to people. I do find it
comical how people make excuses for his rude, condescending behaviour.
I'll let my purchases do my talking. I buy from him only if nobody
else has what I need and I know he is going to bite my head off. I
would rather buy from people like Terry at Pinball Life, Ray Johnson at
Action Amusement, Billy Ray at Penn-Ray, and a number of other sources.
I am 110% sure there are more then a few others who feel the same way
I do about Pinball Resource. I started fixing pinball for the fun and
a guy like Steve takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. He is free
to run his business anyway he wants as I am free to buy where I want.
Honestly,I bet Steve could care less what I have to say here about him,
for sure has said as much to me over the phone!

Now you all can tell me how much trouble I'm in for telling the the
King he has no clothes on!

:) :) :)

Chris Kruger

PS. Oh yea, it's a 7/8" ball for the tilt mech IIRC.

I believe its 7/8"

But dont quote me.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"ctsteps5" <ctsteps5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have no idea, but if you call steve at pinball resource, he can tell
> you and sell them to you if you need them
>
> Ctsteps5
>
> owner of
> 71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
> 74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
>
> Moderator of EM Pinball Group
> http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines

Hi Rob,

gosh, I have always thought it would be the same size as a regular pinball,
1 1/4". Maybe I am wrong about that... Certainly, I have a 1 1/4" ball in
the tilt mech for my 1971 Gottlieb Lawman.

Regards,
Dan

> ask Steve at PBR a simple question like that. He just LOVES it when people ask stuff like that...

Actually...your right. That's the kind of question he would enjoy
answering. In fact, he answered it for ME when I was a newbie and
needed a tilt-roll ball for my eight ball.

He was very nice about it. Now..he DID give me an earful when I said I
needed some novus for the playfield. (and rightly so!)

Barry - NY

Don't know the exact size of the lift tilt ball, but
it's supposed to be smaller than a pinball. You can use a pinball if you
bend the bracket. That's probably what happened with your game; by a previous owner.
JR

TRENDING THREADS