[SOLVED] Time For New PC?

Nov 30, 2018
Hey All,

I built a gaming PC back in 2012-2013 time specs are as follows. I'm wondering if you think it's time for a new PC or just a new, SSD and clean install of windows (and maybe a new GPU?)

FX8350 + Corsair H100 for cooling
32GB DDR3
Zotac 660ti
Segate 2TB HDD
+ WD 1TB HDD
Corsair 650 power supply

I don't recall what motherboard I have but that was replaced 3-4ish years ago as mine died.

Now I don't do a whole lot of PC gaming anymore, I mainly do music production and some video editing. I will find the odd time that my computer will lag out in Photoshop or Blue screen crash. Boot time takes a LONG TIME.

So, do we think it's worth a whole new PC around the specs of a Ryzen 7, 1070ti, SSD and 16GB of Ram? Or should I clean install with maybe an upgrade or two on my current PC. I don't wanna find myself in a saituation where my computer goes and I'm panicking to get a new one, i wanna take my time buy parts at good deals.

Solution
A Ryzen 7 will be MUCH faster than your 8350. You could even keep your 660ti graphics card to save $$$. Put that money into larger solid state storage and better backup storage. Those are more important to music production than better graphics.

kanewolf

Titan
A Ryzen 7 will be MUCH faster than your 8350. You could even keep your 660ti graphics card to save $$$. Put that money into larger solid state storage and better backup storage. Those are more important to music production than better graphics.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS