Question Time Hysteresis - Is there a setting in Lian-Li's L-Connect 3 to control?

jonmakela00

Honorable
Feb 14, 2018
Is there a setting in L-Connect 3 to control Hysteresis? In other words, to control the temperature interval that the cpu temp (or other sensor) must shift before the fans will ramp up or down? Its quite annoying to hear the fans constantly shifting RPMs and then hearing the fans ramp up for just a few seconds before ramping down and one and one and on.

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
If the fans you are looking to control are plugged into headers on the motherboard, then you will need to adjust the fan curve within the BIOS. Most motherboards come with presets that you can select, or you can experiment with the fans and make a custom curve. Whatever changes you make to the fan curve within the BIOS take effect immediately, meaning you can adjust it to your exact liking.

jonmakela00

Honorable
Feb 14, 2018
If the fans you are looking to control are plugged into headers on the motherboard, then you will need to adjust the fan curve within the BIOS. Most motherboards come with presets that you can select, or you can experiment with the fans and make a custom curve. Whatever changes you make to the fan curve within the BIOS take effect immediately, meaning you can adjust it to your exact
I have the Lian-Li Uni fans, SL V2. Theyre connected to the controller that came with one of the packs. The controller is connected to the MB.

The issue Im having is the constant up-down-up-down RPM increases when the CPU temperature fluctuates just a few degrees.

What I want to do is set the temperature interval so that there must be an increase of say 5 or 7 degrees before the fans will ramp up or down.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
I run all the case fans (front and back) in my Lian Li PC-S80 Super Silent Case at maximum speed. They're audible in the background but not annoying.

I've set an aggressive profile on the CPU fans (NH-D15) for the 7950X. I cannot hear them most of the time.

The only fans which I haven't touched are in the GPU, but they run flat out during video rendering.

This is what you see when you remove the side panel from the PC-S80. Just more Aluminium.

lian-li-pc-s80.jpg

This is what is revealed when you remove the internal panels.

lian-li-pc-s80.jpg

Unlike modern cases, there are no vents on the front of the PC-S80 case for sound to escape and annoy you.

24.jpg

Obviously this case is hopeless for water cooling, but it's quieter than my other Lian Li systems (V2000) with vented panels.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
That frequent speed up / slow down cycle has a simple cause and solution. On MANY mobo fan headers the fan speed is changed in STEPS, not a smooth curve. In your case it just happens that the system is running at a temperature very close to where one of those step changes is set up in the default "fan curve". So it keeps jumping back and forth over that temp change setting. Go into the fan details for the header the fan are using ans look at what the temp reading for that is. Now look at the fan curve. For that one curve setpoint near the actual temperature, just move that setpoint to a slightly higher or lower setting so the fan does not stay near that point.