Question Time to change PSU?

May 22, 2019
Any graphic intensive games - computer just restarts. I updated my nvidia driver from November 2017 but im still crashing.
While I do get noises from my power supply, it only happens after we lose power from thunderstorms, it's a very loud noise coming from the top of my pc tower and goes away after 5-10 minutes.

this PSU was handed down to me a long time ago

From cpuID HW monitor
View: https://imgur.com/a/AtdU1y0

could my power supply unit be the reason why I keep crashing ?
I ordered a new 500w in case

Lutfij

Titan
Before we can actually pin the fault to any component, we need to go through a check list. You might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If the system reboots under taxation but not when idle, it's going to be either a thermal issue or a PSU issue. We're also going to need to know the make and model of the PSU outside of the wattage. The same goes for the unit you've ordered as a replacement.

May 22, 2019
Last edited:
May 22, 2019
Before we can actually pin the fault to any component, we need to go through a check list. You might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If the system reboots under taxation but not when idle, it's going to be either a thermal issue or a PSU issue. We're also going to need to know the make and model of the PSU outside of the wattage. The same goes for the unit you've ordered as a replacement.

i found my specs below

Lutfij

Titan
You're only running off the APU, correct? If so, then you're good with the Thermaltake PSU you ordered, though I'd personally look at something more, reliable, inspite of the TT Smart PSU having enough power to power your rig. FYI, you should invest in a surge protector if you're area is prone to thunderstorms(and lightning strikes).