News Tiny10 Version 2303 Is Updatable,Occupies Just 5.2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
I disagree that Tiny10 is superseded by Tiny11. Windows 11 isn't even close to a fully functional replacement to Windows 10.
Maybe give Microsoft another 2 years or so to undo all of their " One lazy engineer designed this while pretending to work from home" terribleness. Windows 11 is barely up to an alpha level of polish - and that's if you're willing to change several dozen register entries. It's way worse than it looks, which is impressive considering how bad it looks.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Ever try an old OS on a new computer? It absolutely sprints nonstop. The speed, the responsiveness, and the amount of resources available to run your application(s) of choice rules. There is way too much crap going on in the background with the newer operating systems. I don't want some of my resources collecting telemetry for someone else to monetize, updating widgets and assistants I don't use, or determining the most annoying time to pop up a feedback hub notification asking me to submit a review nobody will ever look at.

Tiny10 and Tiny11 look impressive. I'm glad someone is debloating Windows. They're worth consideration next time I get or build a new PC.

SiliconFly

Prominent
Jun 13, 2022
I disagree that Tiny10 is superseded by Tiny11. Windows 11 isn't even close to a fully functional replacement to Windows 10.
Maybe give Microsoft another 2 years or so to undo all of their " One lazy engineer designed this while pretending to work from home" terribleness. Windows 11 is barely up to an alpha level of polish - and that's if you're willing to change several dozen register entries. It's way worse than it looks, which is impressive considering how bad it looks.

I too like Win10 better than Win11. But for gaming, I use Win11. For all other purposes, I stick to Win10. Have it in dual boot.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
Still isn't ready for primetime so Joe Sixpack can just hit the go button.
Messed with DOS and Unix way back when. I'm done with that..

If you think Linux Mint is difficult, not sure what to tell you. 🤷 Propably one of the easiest distros to use.

It's a lot easier to use than Windows, that's for sure, you don't have to go through 6 different menus to find a settings.

The last Windows that was user-friendly was windows 7. Finding a setting in Windows 8/10/11 is a nightmare of overlapping new and old menus with completely different UI.

Windows has been a mess since Windows 8. Bloated OS, confusing setting menus, touch intertwined with mouse/keyboard menus, TPM requirements the average person doesn't understand, Bloatware. Telemetry, a horrible update system.

You need a Microsoft degree just to understand all the privacy settings when you install Windows.

It's no wonder that people with money have moved to Apple and people with sense moved to Linux.

Last edited:

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
If you think Linux Mint is difficult, not sure what to tell you. 🤷 Proably one of the easiest distros to use.

It's a lot easier to use than Windows, that's for sure, you don't have to go through 6 different menus to find a settings.

The last Windows that was user-friendly was windows 7. Finding a setting in Windows 8/10/11 is a nightmare of overlapping new and old menus with completely different UI.
Tried Mint a couple of years ago. Audio surround sound drivers and assorted others didn't load so being the impatient old fart I am. Lost Distro# who knows how many..

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
Tried Mint a couple of years ago. Audio surround sound drivers and assorted others didn't load so being the impatient old fart I am. Lost Distro# who knows how many..

Sure, I get that. But you can't really blame Mint for that, some hardware companies are great at supporting Linux, some suck. Nothing Mint can really do about it, it improves the more users adopt Linux.

But I totally get it if there is specific hardware you need support for, I'm not one of those people who blame users. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, the average person should not be jumping through hoops to get something to work.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Sure, I get that. But you can't really blame Mint for that, some hardware companies are great at supporting Linux, some suck. Nothing Mint can really do about it, it improves the more users adopt Linux.

But I totally get it if there is specific hardware you need support for, I'm not one of those people who blame users. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, the average person should not be jumping through hoops to get something to work.
Exactly! Windows serves a ton of different PC configurations. Some folks mix strange hardware. I have a creative SB that mint could not load the drivers.

Reactions: Amdlova

k1lerbee.contact

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

that's the reason why most people sticks with windows 10. I myself use it on my old hardware or less popular hardware; too much compatibilities issues with Linux with these old hardware.
For me, windows 10 is the best OS ever made because it runs on pretty much every hardware I have ever tried and it runs pretty stable 95% of the time.
Going to try tiny10 on my old baytrail tablet.

I don't know but I find windows 10 so easy to use; probably I am very familiar with it.
I have tried linux several times and always had some issues mainly concerning hardware video acceleration and battery life; I always thought linux would have better battery on laptops but it is not the case.

You need a Microsoft degree just to understand all the privacy settings when you install Windows.
I agree on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.