Question Tips for finding eye friendly displays?

May 28, 2019
Hi
I'm in the process of buying a new laptop and a monitor. Since I have to read/write all day long, I d like to understand what are the "must have" and "must not have" features I hv to pay attention. Is Asus eye care technology good?
All I know so far is: anti glare, no pwm.
Any help appreciated

Thanks
Gianpaolo

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Asus eye care is a gimmic, I've used a laptop with it enabled and all it does is dim the display, and wash out the colours. You're going to want high pixel density if you're reading so high resolution, bright, IPS screens are ideal for this. What's your price range for a monitor and laptop?

May 28, 2019
You're going to want high pixel density if you're reading so high resolution, bright, IPS screens are ideal for this. What's your price range for a monitor and laptop?

Thank you! I supposed it was was just marketing.
Budget: 2000 $ for laptop
And 1000 $ for monitor

Does it make sense to have 4K res on laptop? Is it good/bad?
I may look into clevo products for laptop. For monitor I don't have ideas, I love Eizo for their gamut but they are too expensive for non professional photographers

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Thank you! I supposed it was was just marketing.
Budget: 2000 $ for laptop
And 1000 $ for monitor

Does it make sense to have 4K res on laptop? Is it good/bad?
I may look into clevo products for laptop. For monitor I don't have ideas, I love Eizo for their gamut but they are too expensive for non professional photographers
4K on a laptop is alright, but on a 13 inch screen for example you aren't going to be able to tell the difference between that and a 1440P or 2560x1600 screen. If you get a 17 inch laptop though, then you'll see a difference.