Status
Not open for further replies.

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hi

Thanks to Hellfire13, I decided to go for the Ryzen 7 5700G. Now, I would like to find the right mother board and PSU and need few other clarifications as well:

1. Motherboard: Narrowed down these 3 boards (for the Ryzen 7 5700G). Can you please let me know which one is suitable or there is something else better suitable:
TUF GAMING B550M PLUS WiFi
TUF-GAMING X570 PLUS WI-Fi
Strix B550 F Gaming WIFI

My requirements: Highly durable/Reliable mother board. Support for m2 nvme disk. I am not a gamer. Hope I can disable the RGB LEDs.

2. Nvme disk: Does an nvme disk need cooling (I am not a gamer but use several applications such as Eclipse, Netbeans, multiple browsers, etc during software development. Will use Photoshop/GIMP too)

3. PSU: Is 450 watts PSU enough? (Ryzen 7 5700G, SDD, 2 Optical drives, One HDD)

Advance thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:
Solution
Of those 3, the B550 tuf should be plenty. The 5700g isn't exactly a power hungry chip. For PSU, wattage matters more, than the wattage. Even more so given that this an APU rig, that isn't going to use much power.

This one has more wattage, than you really need, but is a very good deal, on a quality PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($51.23 @ Amazon)
Total: $51.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-04 12:46 EDT-0400

logainofhades

Titan
Of those 3, the B550 tuf should be plenty. The 5700g isn't exactly a power hungry chip. For PSU, wattage matters more, than the wattage. Even more so given that this an APU rig, that isn't going to use much power.

This one has more wattage, than you really need, but is a very good deal, on a quality PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($51.23 @ Amazon)
Total: $51.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-04 12:46 EDT-0400

Solution

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Thank you very much.

1. Is it okay to go for this PSU: Corsair CV550, CV Series, 80 Plus Bronze Certified instead of the suggested one? I am in Chennai, India. Here, the TXM Gold costs around $125! but the bronze is around $60. Pls advise.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hc...onze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020210-na

2. Is it okay to go for CV650? There's an offer and it's the same as CV550? Higher powered PSU will not do any harm I believe. Can you please confirm?

I am going for the B550 TUF (but the ATX version with 5 sata slots). Thanks for your recommendation.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Only get the 650 if it's currently cheaper than the 550, otherwise you pay more for wattage you'll never use. The 550w can easily handle the 5700G loads, even a respectable gpu in the future, budget and build meaning you aren't going to be buying a 3080 or even close. A gtx970/1080 would be serious upgrade and fit in the 550w range, but your posts say you don't even need that much gpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. I am almost sure I will not go for a GPU
🤣 LOL, ok. Almost... You'd be surprised at the uses a gpu can be put to. Can use it to encode, record, give graphics or photos a little extra bump in speeds in productivity etc. A gtx1050ti or it's future equivalent won't break the bank, will fit nicely in the build and will fit easily inside the power range of either psu. It also gives access to all the software nvidia uses/has and can take advantage of adaptive vsync, free sync etc as well as boosts to stuff like HDR requirements and/or multi-monitor support that your cpu/motherboard might lack.

It's an option. As is any of the Quadro or FireCuda gpus.

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hmm...that's an interesting and a very tempting perspective :). I see it has fans. I need a very quiet PC. Can you please suggest a fanless GPU/configuration using Ryzen 5 5600X ? I am not a gamer. But I need a fast and quiet PC for coding and media consumption. I use Photoshop/GIMP occasionally for image editing. May play very light games (or may not play at all :)).

Also, I am in Chennai, India where GPU prices are crazy compared to USA (way too more usually)

My budges is around Rs.100,000 (equivalent of $1500 USD).

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You need fans. No if ands or butts. No avoiding that fact. You'll need air on the cooler and air through the case. The best way to get silence is overkill on the cpu cooler. Get the biggest cooler with quality, quiet fans you can budget for. A NH-D15S would be perfect. That way, you get maximum absorption rate, maximum dissipation and minimum fan speeds. Pretty much, Noctua fans less than 8-900rpm are silent.

And you'll need that when doing production work that has high cpu usage. And a lot of heat output.

Reactions: vns2k177
Status
Not open for further replies.