Discussion Tired of so called 'Solved' threads

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
I'm becoming extremely tired of seeing Tom's Hardware posts declared as 'solved' when clearly they aren't and the so called 'best solution' is usually some generic post instructing the OP to 'install latest drivers' or 'buy the newest thing (monitor, ram, GFX card, SSD drive etc etc) they don't have... ' I'm so sick of it because not only is it lazy and highly misleading (as the actual problems aren't being solved while on the search engine's the queries are coming up as solved) it's just not right and completely dubious!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since most of the solved questions are marked that way by the person asking the question, I guess your argument is with them.

only 3 ways to get it marked solved
The person asking question is happy with an answer and marks it so.
Moderators mark is as best answer, we rarely do.
5 upvotes on a post will auto mark it as solved.

we don't just hand them out like candy.

if you have better answers, we not stopping you from supplying them.

Last edited:

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
Thanks for clearing that up

Your answer to the technical question are you referring to me or the OP? Because I was responding to the post but I have posted here before - not sure if that's what you're referring to. But I tried the Ubuntu and it's hard to know because there isnt much to go on - I think it's always going to be smoother given the lack of clutter and basic structure but I get similar smoothness when windows is in safe mode after a first install so it's very hard to know. I'd have to completely install Ubuntu and then look for all the workarounds to recreate what I have currently on Windows and that's a long long arduous road merely to test something. Off the bat my answer would be no it's still there even though the mouse feels smoother but as I mentioned the mouse on windows feels smooth too during installation process i.e. when windows is running the bare essentials.

The problem with my issue is that it is very subtle - very slight micro stuttering and input lag and I know for a fact it's nothing to do with the monitor. If you've ever put together a computer circa 2010 and didn't install the motherboard drivers it's kinda like that feeling if you know what I mean. Where everything operates as it should but there feels as though there is some slight bottlenecking somewhere, that's the best description I can give.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would suggest making a new thread, show me a link to it in here and I see what I can do as this is wrong part of forum to talk about it.

If you give us the specs of the pc and details of what you have already tried, I will see what I can figure out.

fatehasfans

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2016
Since most of the solved questions are marked that way by the person asking the question, I guess your argument is with them.

only 3 ways to get it marked solved
The person asking question is happy with an answer and marks it so.
Moderators mark is as best answer, we rarely do.
5 upvotes on a post will auto mark it as solved.

we don't just hand them out like candy.

if you have better answers, we not stopping you from supplying them.
Hi Colif,

Just regarding the above again. If that's the case then how come I am seeing lots of 'solved' posts containing a 'best solution' that has not even be mentioned or referenced by the OP, in fact it's as though they've ignored it, and even in some instances I've seen them downvote the best solution. From this perspective the whole thing becomes very dubious again, no offence.