G

I am wondering how far people have overclocked their TNT 2 M64's, and have they used much/very drastic cooling methods?

G

I myself wouldn't spend any money overclocking a TNT2 M64. The M64 is limited by its 64bit bus, and no amount of overclocking can help it (correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case, that card is about $50 on pricewatch, and you can get a much better one for a little more than that.

wacko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i've pushed mine to 160mhz core and 185mhz memory. runs rock stable (quake3 and counterstrike tested Ü)

G

I know this card is not much chop, however as i already have it and can not afford a better one, why not overclock it! Using powerstip, i have tried speeds simular to wacko
(160mhz core and 185mhz memory) and it has run fine, however the heatsink gets almost to hot to touch. This overclocking gave up to 25% increase in FPS in quake 3 when using 32bit colour. I was quite impressed. However how hot is too hot? With a fan could i push it much further???

you should already have a fan at those speeds unless you want to fry your card????????and yes higher speeds are possible. possible but not allways obtainable as the mem and core can only handle so much no matter what your cooling method

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ive got a simple TNT2, which usually runs at 150Mhz memory and 125Mhz core
ive got it up to 205 memory and 157 core with no extra cooling at all.
:) of course it could do with a simple fan addition, but it seems quite happy right now.
(using a program called TNTCLK)
have also reduced the memory timings somewhat as well
hope that helps

ThePoo!

G

I used to have one, PCI no less! Overclocked to 150/175. Scored in the low 2000s on MadOnions test. I put heat sinks on the memory, gave me an extra fps or 2. whoopee...

Replaced it with an MX. Added more heatsinks and fans (yes it blocks a pci slot) overclocked to 200/200. 3dmark5600. Quake3AHiQDemo1&2 do 67fps avg. 100bucks. 'nuff said

G

I tried to overclock my "Creative TNT2 Vanta PCI" 1 MHz and it already produced a weird image on the screen, everything looked fuzzy and i wasn´t drinking!

I used the slide bar in the program that came with the card.