[SOLVED] to many wifi signals?

Nov 16, 2019
So I am currently deployed overseas. The area we are in is known for crummy internet as is but during the day when everyone is at work and the living area is all but vacant the internet is pretty good. But in the evening when everyone gets homes, the internet takes a ugh dump as to be expected. My question is. Everyone has a hardline connection from the wall to a Netgear ProSafe GS105. From there we each hook up our own wifi router. Is this a "To many wifi singles being broadcast in a small area? or are we all just overwhelming the main system coming into our building? I know guys who hardline from the ProSafe to their laptops and see better improvements. If this is a wifi problem is there anything i can do to correct it? If its a ISP problems I know there is nothing I can do.

Thanks in advanced.

Jason

Solution
Yes, wired is better than WiFi.
But almost certainly the number of users and what they are doing is overwhelming the actual pipe coming into the building.

Look into changing channels on the various WiFi routers. If all are on channel 6, there will be more issues than if you spread it around.
Some on Ch 1, some on 6, some on Ch 11.

USAFRet

Titan
But almost certainly the number of users and what they are doing is overwhelming the actual pipe coming into the building.

Look into changing channels on the various WiFi routers. If all are on channel 6, there will be more issues than if you spread it around.

Solution
Nov 16, 2019

Is there a way to see how many people are on one channel vs another? I think it would be hard to get everyone together and divvy out the pie as it were...If everyone did as i did and just bought the cheapest of wifi routers they sell here would me buying a better more expensive router give me a boost? Thanks again for the help.

USAFRet

Titan
A different router would almost certainly not make any great difference. The vast majority of them output the max signal possible, by default.

There are a number of WiFi analyzers, mostly free.
https://www.netspotapp.com/about-wifi-analyzer.html