To much stuff . .. . . . .

andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I have a problem of never getting rid of things. Here is my curent sytem the sad thing is im probably forgeting something. This stuff is taking up alot of desk space. What do you guys think i should just give the toss.

AMD ATHLON 1.4 @ 1.575
ECS K7S5A SIS 735 DDR MOTHERBOARD
256 MB KINGSTON DDR MEMORY
ASUS GEFORCE 2 TI GRAFICS CARD
10 GB WESTERN DIGITAL 7200 RPM DRIVE
6 GB SEAGATE 5400 RPM DRIVE
6 GB VST SLIM 1394/USB HARD DRIVE
52X CDROM
IOMEGA 1394 8/4/32 BURNER
CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER LIVE (VALUE)
FUTURE POWER 400 WATT CASE
USB ZIP 100 DIRVE
ADS COMPACT FASH READER WITH 1GB MICRODRIVE
HP PHOTOSMART 1115 PRINTER
PRINCETON GRAFICS SYSTEM ULTRA 17+ MONITOR
DIMAGE 7, 5 MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL CAMERA
PANASONIC 1394 DIGICAM
3 4GB SCUZZI 7200 RPM DRIVES EXTERNAL
MUSTEK USB SCANNER
ATI -TV TUNNER CARD
MCD 7 DISC CD CHANGER 8X SCUZZI
ADAPTEC AHA-2940UW SCUZZI CONTRALER
ONBOARD SIS 10/100 NETWORK ADAPTER

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah man, dont toss it....if i am able to pick up some shipping on that, i would be GLAD to take some of it.
i can always use extra hardware.
hehe

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
lol
damn
i could use a few of those things...like the microdrive!
and the processor, or the motherboard...because i could replace my athlon 900, or use this mobo to use my other athlon 900 that is just sitting around...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
not too sure on what you should toss, but maybe this will help:
i've heard iomega spelled backwards is satan :lol:
actually yes, rid yourself of those ungodly iomega components. they are evil, nasty, dirty and did i mention evil?

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol:

G

Honstly, here's my opinion
Lose the USB Zip Drive
Lose one of the digital cameras, keep whichever one you like better, or has better specs, or however you want to decide :)
Lose the External SCSI Drives
Lose the External CD Changer
At that point you can probably remove the Adaptec SCSI Controller from your machine, unless you have other SCSI devices I missed or you didn't list. Even if you remove it, I wouldn't toss it or sell it just yet, they can come in handy when you want to add a SCSI device, unless you're gonna go buy a Ultra160 SCSI Adapter :)
Unless you really need the HD space, you can probably lose the internal 6GB Hard Drive as well. I would recommend losing it over the external simply because the external is more versatile, easier to transport between computers, and is great for file swapping between friends who all have firewire ports :)

hope this helps :)