To Numpad or not to Numpad - Is a numpad on a keyboard necessary?

G

Okay so quick question may, seem stupid but - Would you recommend getting a keyboard with the Numpad or without, mostly for gaming and typing word documents, was wondering whether the added keys are useful for anything?

(Looking at the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, tournament edition is cheaper but has no Numpad)

Solution
The moment I read the title, I knew it was about this keyboard :p. Welk numpad is useful only for a large amount of number typing, and long digit numbers that is. for a person like me who types long digits rarely and doesn't use full digit passwords, the numpad is useless, that's why my other keys are worn out and my numpad is like new. So depends on your usage. If you are not into accounting or some sort of number intensive business, then you are better off without a numpad.
The moment I read the title, I knew it was about this keyboard :p. Welk numpad is useful only for a large amount of number typing, and long digit numbers that is. for a person like me who types long digits rarely and doesn't use full digit passwords, the numpad is useless, that's why my other keys are worn out and my numpad is like new. So depends on your usage. If you are not into accounting or some sort of number intensive business, then you are better off without a numpad.

Solution
depends on your preferences and needs honestly.

if you use arrow keys for gaming you may find a number pad effective for macros. if you use wasd you may never need it.

if you do not enter many numbers you may be fine with just the numbers below the fkeys. if you enter many numbers or use the calc function often the number pad is very effective.

personally i could never use a keyboard without one as i find it extremely useful (enough that i wore out the 0 key). even my laptop has it. i'm an arrow key gamer though and type zip codes and use calc function often though.YMMV and its all up to your preferences and needs.