Tobii Announces 'Tom Clancy's The Division' Eye-Tracking Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

thburninator

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
$139 is a pretty penny for a few fancy features added to your game. I'm not sure many people will see the benefit, but who knows, this could just be the tip of an iceberg if it makes its way into VR (without tacking that price on top of the VR hardware).

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

This is definitely just the tip of the iceberg. There's lots of excitement around eye tracking right now, and it is definitely on the list for second generation VR headsets.
I had the chance to try out the Fove HMD at CES and its eye tracking tech is a huge benefit for VR.

I agree, $140 for an accessory with very few games to support it is not cheap. This won't be a major mainstream product, but seeing developer support is a big step forward.
The benefits are real (I didn't test it, but I recorded as my colleague did) and we'll likely see more laptops adopt the sensors over the next year or two while we wait for VR hardware to be released with eye tracking support.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
$139 is a pretty penny for a few fancy features added to your game. I'm not sure many people will see the benefit, but who knows, this could just be the tip of an iceberg if it makes its way into VR (without tacking that price on top of the VR hardware).

i'm imagining some way to add legacy support to older games, i mean imagine having 2 access for movement, the mouse for small precise movements, and the eyes for large movements.

i want to know how this works for people who don't sit up straight and play games in only that position, and what kind of legacy support this will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.