Todd Howard Explains Morrowind and Cyrodiil in Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Did it really have to take Todd Howard to come out an explain what was already quite obvious before people concluded that it was just eye candy, or were a good percentage of people actually thinking they were going to get another two games out of Skyrim?

bertschkid

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]aaronstyle[/nom]If I had a nickel for every time I heard, or saw "an arrow to the knee".[/citation]

I am surprised we haven't heard more "until I took a sword to the chest" I heard that one for the first time while playing today.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]aaronstyle[/nom]If I had a nickel for every time I heard, or saw "an arrow to the knee".[/citation]Would it be better if I used the non-existing Skyrim Paranoia mod version?

I used to be a Red Troubleshooter like you, until I took a laser to the knee.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Too bad they probably wont use those lands as game area, since making all that landmass again will be a huge amount of work. But, then again, if they do make it, with it's own campaing, and sell it as an expansion to Skyrim, they will definitely sell at least the same amount of units, and make the same or more money.

Thankfully dreaming is free... :)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Makes sense and explains it perfectly. It would be nice to be able to travel to the other already explored lands and just have one massive game. I certainly wouldn't mind expansions where we return to them and see how they have changed and fight off whatever new troubles they are facing.

[citation][nom]salgado18[/nom]Thankfully dreaming is free...[/citation]

Not if Apple has anything to do with it! Now introducing the iDream.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]_Cubase_[/nom]Did it really have to take Todd Howard to come out an explain what was already quite obvious before people concluded that it was just eye candy, or were a good percentage of people actually thinking they were going to get another two games out of Skyrim?[/citation]
just because you cant think of a reason that you would need to travel to morrowind from skyrim doesn't mean there wont be an expantion that uses it. i mean think of it, they have 2 games, all the places already mapped out, all they would have to do is plant them into the new game and sprews them up a bit, change what needs to be changed, but the land masses in general from morrowind and oblivion don't need much changing. i mean from what i understand morrowind got kind of screwed, but that doesn't mean everything needs to change.

yumri4

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
um with Morrowind i would like to see that put into Skirm as an explanation but sadly i doubt they will unless someone already made a mod for it to be explorable and they just added in quests for us to do as making a game map that big would take them a lot of time to do.

yumri4

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
true but unless someone does that it is highly unlikely it will happen though if they do make Morrowind and/or Cyindell explorable with or even without quests ( which can just be added in later with mods ) it will be a help as they will also add in monsters and new items hopefully which will make the game more fun to play for longer

yumri4

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
i wish i had the kind of computer able to work with the kind of graphics Skrim has as i would but i do not and play it on the XBox 360 instead but if they do make a mod like that and other Land Form mods from Oblivion and Morrowind i would buy a new computer able to play Skrim as this one isn't able too and mine which was died.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]aaronstyle[/nom]If I had a nickel for every time I heard, or saw "an arrow to the knee".[/citation]
Yet you felt the need to go there. I guess that's one more nickle for the rest of us.

Perhaps this is part of future planning? Pinning down exact relationships between territories is the first step towards a game where you would be able to travel so far. I remember not even playing all of Marrowwind and getting so lost in the wilderness. Oblivion (also uncompleted lol) seemed a little smaller, but still massive, and I understand Skyrim to be of similar dimensions. If they (god forbid) turned TES into an MMO they would have huge amounts of landmass to work with...

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Vvardenfell was allegedly destroyed by an eruption of Red Mountain so that part would be much easier to make. The rest of Morrowind hasn't been mapped out with the exception of Solthsem... and there wasn't much there. As for Cyrodiil, just port over Oblivion's content. Probably not that hard.

And I just sounded like some kind of obsessed Elder Scrolls nerd...

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Makes sense and explains it perfectly. It would be nice to be able to travel to the other already explored lands and just have one massive game.[/citation]You mean something like The Elder Scrolls: Arena? :)

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]bertschkid[/nom]I am surprised we haven't heard more "until I took a sword to the chest" I heard that one for the first time while playing today.[/citation]

sady, i am guilty of using that one. Until I took a arrow to the knee.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]yumri4[/nom]um with Morrowind i would like to see that put into Skirm as an explanation but sadly i doubt they will unless someone already made a mod for it to be explorable and they just added in quests for us to do as making a game map that big would take them a lot of time to do.[/citation]

I'm sorry but what is this I don't even...!!!! this guy made my day! haha! note the correct use of fullstop at the end of that sentence? :p

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]I'm sorry but what is this I don't even...!!!! this guy made my day! haha! note the correct use of fullstop at the end of that sentence?[/citation]Engineering reports full stop, captain.

Also, epic mod fodder is epic. I downloaded the Creation Engine list night, hoping to tear into it tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS