Tohiba 2TB External Drive

Murano1983

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Have had my USB external drive for about 3 months now and it worked fine. Today it would show up as a drive, but I could not access it or any of the files on it. Tried other computers and other USB3.0 cables. Then I opened it up and removed USB to SATA interface. Used another USB to SATA cable and still could not access data.

Any ideas???

Solution
Sounds like it died or the partition table went screwy, with dying being more probably answer. I'm not a fan of external drives, they crap a drive into such a small space with no heating, people remove them and move them around the time, in their bags, etc and they get bounced around.

You could try some free tools like EAUS partition recovery or other free recovery tools and see if it can find anything.
Sounds like it died or the partition table went screwy, with dying being more probably answer. I'm not a fan of external drives, they crap a drive into such a small space with no heating, people remove them and move them around the time, in their bags, etc and they get bounced around.

You could try some free tools like EAUS partition recovery or other free recovery tools and see if it can find anything.

Solution