Tom’s Hardware Smartphone Ratings: You Be the Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldogg1981

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
I would like to see more phones included. Especially some of the cheaper phones with decent specs. Bluphone, etc... Some people don't want to pay $800 for an unsubsidized phone or sign a 2 year contract and still pay $200 for a phone.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
I don't see nothing even remotely interesting to me on that list. A 1000$+ phone's with old hardware, Note 4 with unusefull display resolution that is overkill for pore Mali T760 MP4 & highly overpriced iPhones with OS that I hate & consumer wallet burning store, otherwise good hardware specs except RAM.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I am disappointed that Tom's would create a best smartphone poll without any Lumia/Windows Phone devices listed. As a Windows Phone user myself, I can tell you that the interface is slick, responsive, and very intuitive. Its a shame I can't tell others about it on this poll.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I'm getting the Sony Xperia Z3 in a few days and I'd be happy to help out. Except that you don't have a Google Form for the Xperia Z3. I'm in South Africa, so AFAIK I'll be getting the European model.

I've been using the Sony Xperia T for the past 22 months, so if you want a (very) long term opinion I can also give you one on this phone.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I'm getting the Sony Xperia Z3 in a few days and I'd be happy to help out. Except that you don't have a Google Form for the Xperia Z3. I'm in South Africa, so AFAIK I'll be getting the European model.

I've been using the Sony Xperia T for the past 22 months, so if you want a (very) long term opinion I can also give you one on this phone.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Toms needs polling and statistics training. For example, restricting the phones to "flagship" i.e. expensive phones benefits apple, while advertising the poll on a technical website benefits android. As the majority of Toms are US you can expect phones in that market to be higher rated, with the inclusion of 3rd world/down market brands such a Blu and One producing inaccurately results.

Be this is a marketing campaign, or research study, much can be improved, and the current results should be taken with a grain of salt.

ivoradev

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Missing the Xperia Z3 in the list is ridiculous. My Z1 compact is outbenchmarking the S5 as stock in Antutu everyday... So this list is a joke..

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I wish we could have included the Nokia Lumia -- you folks are right, that was a stupid omission on my part. We can add some others later as well. The BlackBerry is a good suggestion, as is the Xperia Z3, and the Nexus 6 when it comes out (or the Nexus 5 now). Like others, I'd like to consider lower cost phones also, but I think that's a separate survey. If you have your favorites for the next rung or two down from these, please let me know. Thanks for the input. It's helpful.

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
>we would like you to rate them and tell us what you like and dislike about each

Do I get paid for this survey? Thank you

Time = $

So you're complaining about the survey not paying you for your time, yet you took time to write a disparaging remark that you didn't get paid for. Hmmm . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.