Tom's Guide: 12 Alternatives to Apple Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
zak_mckraken's Guide : 1 alternative to Apple Maps. Google maps.

Then again, I don't like the word alternative. It makes it sound like Apple Maps is a viable option.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Alternative 14: Listen to some of the non-biased press like Consumer Reports that says while there are some issues for the most part Apple Maps works very well and is rapidly improving as the back end databases are updated. Most of the images you see and popular misplaced things are now showing up correctly in the system.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Alternative 14: Listen to some of the non-biased press like Consumer Reports that says while there are some issues for the most part Apple Maps works very well and is rapidly improving as the back end databases are updated. Most of the images you see and popular misplaced things are now showing up correctly in the system.

@applerocks - You seem to be missing the whole case and point...apple replaced an existing app that provided an excellent user experience with an app that was incomplete...replacing excellent with sub-par lackluster user experience...100% opposite of what Steve Jobs would've allowed...

Apple Maps works very well and is rapidly improving as the back end databases are updated

point is: Google maps is better now...not possibly sometime in the future as databases are updated...

Would you agree?

G

The Google map builds are already leaked. Betcha the new Google map app will be vector based; the old one was not. And betcha it offers turn by turn, which Google refused to provide to Apple. So, soon, IOS users will have the best of both worlds: Apple and Google maps both. Win, win, Apple.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
I actually don't mind iOS maps, as I have yet to run into any of these glitches. and it seems to run faster then google maps did. Let the downvote begin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.