Tom's Guide: 30 Free Apps for New Android Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped using WinAMP awhile ago. Maybe its been updated, but it always caused my phone to freeze up.

Avast! Mobile Security - I tried it out. It tripled or quadrupled the time it takes to boot up the phone, and I realized I can provide plenty of security on my own with plain old smart choices, so I dumped it. It is also not very friendly with Google's security features. If you have your gmail account, etc, text login codes to your phone, avast isn't very friendly to them. It was a must to remove this software.

I CANNOT believe you didn't include a free talking translator. I'm disabled and once in awhile I go to this Chinese place for massage. They can't speak a lick of English, so I just use the talking translator to communicate with them. It's one-way of course, but they know words like "yes" and "no".

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I saw the avast Mobile security at the end. Looks like everyone is using it as well. But There's also Kaspersky Mobile Security, and Norton Security & Antivirus. Which one is better out of those three for my Samsung Galaxy s3?

G

You had posted an outstanding apps and given an good information. I like your way of content and will keep your guide always in mind.

havanna

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
speaking of interesting free apps i downloaded some simple one onto my galaxy called I haven't stopped laughing at the crude humour, bril.

Status
Not open for further replies.