Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
i believe kapersky supplies the FBI with it's antivirus software:
Did Obama's iPad Just Get Hacked?
By Chris Taylor | Mashable – Tue, Sep 4, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/did-obamas-ipad-just-hacked-155359596.html?_esi=1

In case you missed it, a hacker group called AntiSec announced Tuesday it had grabbed the identifying numbers of 12 million iPhones and iPads -- and to prove it, released a million of those IDs to the public.
[More from Mashable: Apple Sends Out Invitations for iPhone 5 Event]
Now it seems the hackers may have nabbed the most high-profile prize of all -- the unique string of code used to identify President Obama's iPad. (Call it the First Tablet.)
The suspected Obama ID, first spotted by the blog RazorianFly, has not been confirmed by the White House. But it would make sense, since the hack allegedly came from a government laptop -- specifically that of FBI Special Agent Christopher K. Stangl, a supervisor in the FBI’s Regional Cyber Action Team.

[citation][nom]geekapproved[/nom]I wonder how much Kaspersky is paying for this advertisement, since you must BUY Kaspersky security software in order to get the FREE rescue disk.[/citation]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. If you really want a free AV live disk solution, you can use Microsoft's...

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
There is even a better disk and it's free. Boot from disk and when asked click on "Allow Linux to have the entire drive" Windows infestation will be removed and your problems solved. You can now do you online banking safe and secure.

[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]There is even a better disk and it's free. Boot from disk and when asked click on "Allow Linux to have the entire drive" Windows infestation will be removed and your problems solved. You can now do you online banking safe and secure.[/citation]

Obligatory whaddabout gamin' post.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]There is even a better disk and it's free. Boot from disk and when asked click on "Allow Linux to have the entire drive" Windows infestation will be removed and your problems solved. You can now do you online banking safe and secure.[/citation]
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Flash is full of bugs, browser exploits come out every day and Adobe Reader is awfully vulnerable on Linux: http://j00ru.vexillium.org/?p=1175 Other PDF readers and PDF support in general is terrible on Linux! I speak from personal experience (using Arch Linux as my main OS since 2009).

You should use a multi layered approach when thinking about security. A hardened host OS and virtual machines for browsers. Then you can just clear out the virtual machine (or restore from a snapshot) and start fresh.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Or download MalwareBytes, Security essentials, Spybot S&D and Avast or AVG. All of which are free and work as good or better (for malware/spyware) than kaspersky[/citation]

Your missing the point none of those will pick up advanced rootkits, you have to scan from outside the os to pick them up you need to boot from cd, also lots of malware stops all those from working.

Also another free boot cd that is much better with malware is

Status
Not open for further replies.