Tom's Hardware Forum redirecting error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Often, when I entering the forum, Firefox returning a redirecting error:
Tom-s-Hardware-Forum-redirecting-error.png

Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, also returning me an error about too many redirections.
This problem seems to be very common in this forum.

That's a common web browser LOOP error.

We usually get this error on any system running a web browser, like e.g., when the Chrome browser is stuck in an infinite re-direction/loading loop. Try to close and reopen the browser again after a system restart.

Try clearing all the browsing data/history and cookies, including the “Clear cached images and files" option as well. After that load the original website. Sometimes an older URL on the browser’s
cache causes this loop error.

In chrome sometimes we can get this error as well: , "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". Are you using a VPN/proxy server by any chance ?

Some causes of this error in general for any web browser.Misconfigured WordPress settings/plugins
Issues with browser’s cache/cookies.
Issues with third-party services
Bad HTTPS settings
Bad server settings

Last edited:

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Firefox is set to delete all data, except passwords and autofill data. Yet it have this problem as well, which meaning that this problem is in the forum and not in my browsers.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I have this address as a bookmark, from where I can log into the forum. The problem described by the OP, I have had regularly since at least the summer of 2021. In Edge, Chrome and Firefox, despite clearing cookies on exit, and daily clearing all temp files.

Same here, can confirm this also happens in Edge, but I believe it's not really that common these days. The main site, however, sometimes throw a certificate error every once in a while.

I personally use this thread as my gateway to the forum, I probably contributed to the abnormally high views of that thread compared to other similar threads. I don't know just bookmarked it randomly one day and been using it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.