Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Dying Light!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyMcGirk

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I think the basic zombies from Resident Evil 2. They were slow, but scary and full of gore. They were a nod to the old 'Night of the Living Dead' movies that reflected the fear in death itself - slow, easily delayed, but inevitable. They also utilized small spaces and limited maneuverability in addition to scary ambushes to make the terrain and setting part of the fear of zombies. Let's face it, a lone slow-type zombie on its own isn't really that dangerous (though the idea of a walking corpse is scary). Its a mob in a small area that really makes for interesting zombie drama.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
So much nostalgia and so much new material! I'll have to try out some of the zombie games people have mentioned that I didn't know about. It will be a good way to scare my baby cousins. Perhaps I'll scrape a shovel behind them while I force them to play the games.

Without further ado, here is this week's lucky participant and winner of a copy of 'Dying Light':

Chris Droste!

You'll receive a PM from me later today with instructions on how to claim the game.

Everybody else, thank you so much for participating this week! We'll be back on Monday with the final installment of our mostly-Halloween-themed October Steam giveaways :)

mmolitor357

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
Zombies from Dead Island because the game was open world with all different kind of zombies. The player had to be smart on how they played depending on what zombie they came across. Especially the running zombies. They'd catch you off guard when you least expect it. This is why Dead Island Zombies were much more superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.