Tom's Hardware is Now Available on Kindle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
i get Tom's directly on my hd2 too! and with flying colors!! i never got the point of those kindles when all you need on any other smartphone or tablet is acrobat reader...IMO.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Sense kindle runs android, does that mean that you will have an android app available soon?

EDIT: At least thats what the people at the local barens and noble told me, I'm not 100% sure though...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]xantek24[/nom]i get Tom's directly on my hd2 too! and with flying colors!! i never got the point of those kindles when all you need on any other smartphone or tablet is acrobat reader...IMO.[/citation]
The lcd on the smartphones are too small and too bright, reading a book on them is uncomfortable.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The lcd on the smartphones are too small and too bright, reading a book on them is uncomfortable.[/citation]

depends on the person, if its too bright then you can dim the led and if its to small, i wouldnt recommend anything less than 4.3"

Jaans

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Kindle and Amazon's closed system sucks! Use the Calibre software and it will automatically generate "eBooks" in .epub format for all the popular feeds and news papers.

Go on Tom's... see if you can create a Recipe in Calibre for the Toms Feed (complete with links and photos).

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]xantek24[/nom]depends on the person, if its too bright then you can dim the led and if its to small, i wouldnt recommend anything less than 4.3"[/citation]
Even if you dim the brightness the lcd screen remains too bright. I don't own a kindle, but I fiddled with one, if you want to do some serious reading it's fantastic, way better than any smartphone, slate, computer/laptop lcd. Of course the kindlke screen has a downsize, because it's only good to reading books and worthless for anything else.

G

I guess they get to read the mobile version of the site on the kindle?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The lcd on the smartphones are too small and too bright, reading a book on them is uncomfortable.[/citation]
I set mine to white txt on black background. Then I set the brightness low on the device and the app lets me turn it even lower.. Works for me..

atomdrift

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
So like the ultimate sucker, and largely due to this blurb, I just bought a new kindle this morning. Now I go to the TH kindle blog page to subscribe, and was merrily greeted with:
"This title is not available for customers from: Canada"

i feel shafted

fortunately i have more use for it than reading toms hardware's advertisement feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.