Official Community Rules
Welcome to the Tom's Hardware forums and thanks so much for taking the time to hang out with us today. It’s important to us to have the kind of community that works together to keep things on track. After all, we’re in this together. With your help and support we can build something truly incredible!
Using these forums means you’ve read these rules and have agreed to be held to these standards.
Click here to learn some helpful forum tips and best practices.
- These forums are for the discussion of consumer technology. Posts that derail from this topic, or attempt to steer the conversation to matters of religion, politics, or other unrelated topics may be removed.
- Non-productive posts will be removed.
- Do not harass, attack, or demean other forum users, including official staff. Disagreement is welcome, but different points of view can coexist without anyone resorting to personal attacks.
- Hate speech is not permitted. Posting hate speech will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Do not derail any forum discussions using vulgarity, going off topic, or using other means.
- Avoid bumping your own posts to keep them among the latest threads.
- Do not post Spam, or use our forums as a tool to promote your own personal products or services. Trying to drive our readers to third party sites will result in such posts being edited or deleted and associated accounts will be banned.
- Promoting or describing any illegal or illicit activity is prohibited. We will not allow the discussion of cracking encryption, piracy, or any other illegal conduct in our forums.
- Do not impersonate others in these forums. This could be another user, an influencer, a staff member, or any other person/organization.
- Linking to files which contain viruses or malware will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not discuss moderator action, or attempt to re-open removed or locked threads. Removed or locked threads were removed for a reason; please do not attempt to re-open them by creating new threads.
- Email email@example.com if you wish to appeal a suspension, or if you have questions about the forum rules.
- Spam posts will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Do not create multiple accounts for the forum. Using secondary accounts to bump your posts, or create the illusion of an ongoing discussion is not allowed.
- Attempting to manipulate forum features such as trophies, direct messages, quotes of other users, time outs, bans, or any other aspects of the forum. Misuse, or abuse, of the forums will result in a permanent ban.
- If you post a problem then find the solution (or an appropriate fix) yourself, it is appropriate to post the solution. However, you must not award yourself a Best Answer trophy.
- Never publicly post personally identifying information, such as your email address or phone number, and do not ask others for their personal information.
- Moderators cannot assist with password/account recovery. If you're having trouble getting back into your account please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posts in our forums should be written in English. This restriction helps us more efficiently moderate problematic posts.
Appealing a Time-out or Ban
We will not allow public posts to discuss action taken by Moderators. If you wish to appeal any official warnings, time outs, or bans, please email email@example.com.
So we can handle your appeal as quickly as possible, please include the following info whenever you contact our team.
- Username on the forums
- Include the phrase "Tom's Hardware Forum Appeal" in the email subject line for easier tracking.