Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Ashes of the Singularity

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/FB1I5/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-ashes-of-the-singulairty", 400][/widget]

Hey everyone! We've got another great Steam giveaway for you!

For this giveaway, we have three (3) copies of Ashes of the Singularity up for grabs. As always, one will be awarded via the raffle (found below) and two will be given away to participants in the discussion.

From the people who brought you Sins of a Solar Empire comes a new massive real-time strategy game, Ashes of the Singularity. Take command of an interstellar empire as you battle across the surface of entire worlds. I haven't had a chance to play it, but I loved Sins of Solar Empire.

And now, for the discussion prompt:

What PC or console series is most deserving of a reboot?

The contest will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 12th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

Good luck and happy gaming!

The Command & Conquer series needs a reboot, series went very down hill on their last releases and the Command & Conquer Alpha was terrible (glad they canceled it (free 2 play, pay 2 win model in a RTS.. seriously?). Needs to go back to the classic RTS days.

iRon_Man22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Thief! Seriously one of my favorite game series growing up! And the latest Thief game from a couple of years ago was just a joke. Need a serious reboot of this game!

Atterus

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
System Shock. The game itself is a classic, and I think updated graphics and mechanics would do alot for it like the recent Deus Ex games (minus the Fall... we don't talk about the Fall...). Nothing wrong with the originals (like Deus Ex), but an update would make the game a whole new beast like Bethesda managed with Doom. Speaking of which, there actually is a reboot that was kickstarted recently after I thought of System Shock so I imagine that warrants some points :p

If I have to choose one that doesn't already have a reboot being made I'd have to go with Rogue Squadron. There are plenty of games I think that can be given great sequels, but those I don't think are really reboots (no offense to anyone, just pointing out that KotOR can't really be "rebooted" because the "reboot" at this point would be more of a sequel). The original Rogue Squadron games sucked my friends and I in for hours, and the last one made started trying to get some ground mechanics in which for the time was mind blowing.

Going beyond Star Wars, just the thought of being in a game with modern graphics and mechanics where you could go from stomping around in an AT-ST to flying a stolen TIE fighter into space in seconds sounds like a blast. Imagine something like Star Wars: Just Cause with some obvious balancing/mechanic changes and I think that would make a great reboot. Here's hoping to EA *not* messing up the games...

Metalmario66

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
I never played much of this game but from what I have played MedEvil would be awesome if it was rebooted. Also I think that if Starwars battlefront (the first and second ones) had a "reboot" that would be cool. But if Banjo and Kazooie for the n64 had a reboot that would be awesome to relive on newer systems. Also if the older crash bandicoot and older spyro games got a reboot that would be awesome. But a wolfistein reboot would be pretty epic.

cpmackenzi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
I am a fan of space flight games. Freespace 1& 2 were great stories, and I'd love to see more story, or reboot it to amazing new graphics.

Dan_s_young

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
full throttle (and I hear it's getting remastered, thank you double fine!!). I've always been a fan of the older Lucas arts games and it's a great treat to replay them remastered.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Tomasety

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Given the huge success of Doom's Reboot I think it could be great to see a well deserved Heretic reboot at this moment.

Aug 11, 2015
I think that a new and improved "spore" could be really cool, I played the game a LONG time ago, and I have seen that a mobile version exists, but I found it dull, I think with the advances in processing power we have made, it ought to be possible to simulate entire ecosystems now, and add huge parts to the game that were lacking before, like more interaction possibilities and terrain variation. Also, I think that the space section of the game could also be improved, perhaps adding comets, space battles and the possibility to create armadas.

Greywolf772

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
I'd like to see a reboot of Star Control II.

Mass Effect had a lot of elements similar to Star Control II but I'd like the game to be more open like the new space games coming out (No Man Sky, Star Citizen, etc)

wow, that's a difficult question. a total reboot VS a new sequel? i really don't think i could truthfully give a single answer.

i'd love to see the line of Ultima games come back with up to date visuals and gameplay,
Knights of the Old Republic,
Starforce Gemini,
Skate or Die,
Legacy of Kain,
Raven Shield,
Law of the West,
Seiken Densetsu,
there's too many...