Tom's Hardware Tours Logitech's G-Labs Peripherals Testing Facility In Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I remember back in the day when I had there stuff and it was good, and lasted under my abuse but the last few things I got from them it was really no better than to rest of the cheap china stuff anybody sells [ for less]

dennisfyfe

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Looks like a couple of previous commenters are missing the fact that this facility is not the company standard - it's a big cut above. When was the last time you purchased a Logitech product that was designed specifically for gaming? I just purchased the G502 Proteus Core and the G602. Both of these products are flawless and the amount of development that went into them is obvious.

In regards to Barantos1's comment, I'm right there with you dude. It took almost 5 years for them to release a mouse that's better than the G9X. Hopefully it doesn't take as long for a headset upgrade. As frustrated as the G930 is, I haven't found a wireless headset that matches Logitech's sound and recording quality.

hotwire_downunder

Reputable
May 7, 2014
"Of all the testing that Logitech does, the radio frequency testing in the anechoic chamber is by far the most impressive. An anechoic chamber is a room built to remove all RF signals inside, ensuring that the information measured is only from the intended products. "

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't an anechoic chamber used for acoustic testing and is designed to cancel echos? or absorb sound energy? I believe it's a Faraday Cage that is used to isolate RF signals or EMF

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I don't understand the criticism let's see... I'm pretty sure that new G series are babies of this new lab. The are all very impressively build. Only time will tell if their durability is up to the old Logitech standards. I have mx518 for 6 years and it works just fine... 3 feet swaps later.

c2roth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
The City of Lausanne is in the French speaking portion of Switzerland. English is very common though across the country as it is an international language of business. This Logitech facility is also within a larger building which may have ties to other corporations who operate mostly in English.

f-14

Distinguished
Barantos1 either you abuse your headset in some way or the headsets are damaged in transit getting to your area, i do not know which, but i believe it's the sthipping, the first h60 i had wouldn't charge up after the first time, the second has been flawless and i even got an h80 and it has been flawless also. the h60 will range out to the end of my sidewalk almost 50 feet away thru one wall my h80 goes almost 100 feet to the end of the drive way but also goes thru 3 walls. i do think there is an antenna issue that is line of sight oriented as when i go thru 3 walls and a floor it cuts out on the non power switch side which houses all the hardware. other wise logitechs wireless headsets perform above and beyond everything else you can get at retailers FME.

c2roth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011

You got it! Most people in Siwtzerland speak at least two or three languages because it's just a necessary fact of life there (and I am speaking from experience as a citizen).

I was actually surprised their R&D facility would be there and not in North America but clearly they address a much larger market than I thought.

ezorb

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I think logitech still makes the best mice, I loved the mx518, then the g9 was a superb product. I bought a Rat 7 which is the coolest looking mouse ever, but its broken after less than a year, so I got a Corsair m65 is also a fine mouse except that it cant stay connected and disconnects and reconnects randomly, went back to my old g9, finally wore out the cable, The new proteus core seems link its up to the usual Logitech high standard.The g9 was a better shape

My two Revolution MX mice are still plugging along after all these years. It's sad that Logitech discontinued them. It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I'd like to get a Razer mouse to for the synergy with my Orbweaver, but they just aren't that comfortable for me. I think a G700 will be the next mouse I get.

sportfreak23

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I totally agree with you. I bought 3 Revolution mouses when they came out and never had a problem with them. Still my favorite mouse, only thing now is that the rubber grips for my thumb are worn down to the plastic but thats after so many years. The battery life is fantastic and feels good in hand. However for my dad we swapped to the new performance MX series as they were bigger which he think is more comfortable so bought like 5 of those. I still prefer the revolution a bit more but when I change my table to glass gotta get the mouse pad out.

After a year I wanted to try something from Logitech's gaming line so I picked up a G700 and it was pretty good on the 1st week, but I'm pretty disappointed. Battery life only lasted like 2 hours - 3 hours out of the box. Ended up using the cable all day. The Gaming software / mouse profiles kept bugging out, and wats really disappointing is the mouse would die mid game for like few seconds but its always the crucial few seconds haha. Kinda gave up with troubleshooting as its been almost a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.