Tom's Hardware's 2009 Gift Guide: Part 1, For System Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_silent_one

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Anytime you mention eyefinity, be sure to mention that ONE MONITOR MUST EITHER BE ON DISPLAYPORT OR ON AN ACTIVE DISPLAYPORT ADAPTER (not just any displayport adapter, but one that uses supplemental power). If people don't know this. They are in for a rude surprise. Also, if using a displayport to hdmi or dvi active adapter for eyefinity, make it the middle monitor.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I think she should be on the gift guide, I can certainly bet most of us would rather have her then anything on here :)

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]1898[/nom]Obviously I meant to say i5 but seriously, why isn't there an edit button?[/citation]

All your posts you make on the feedback page here can been found in the forum. If you want to edit your post here simply go the review comments (found here) forum, find this article and find you post and click on the quick edit button just and make the changes.

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
I don't understand why you recommend a 1.65v RAM kit at 1600 when you can have 1600 speeds at 1.5v with other kits, for a lower price. G.skill ripjaws, for example.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
The power supply, really, 850w for $179 and it;s only an 80+, not 85+?

Sure, it's got 6 8pin connectors... but it onl;y has 850w... an 8pin + 6pig GPU, like the 5890 Toms just recently reviewed, can handle 280w. That means 3 of those alone exceeds this PS performance, not even including any other components...

1: not modular. 2: too many connectors. 3: not 85% + rated. 4: about $40 too high of a price for what it DOES have.

blacksins

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
well, i saw all the pages only because of her!! i actually use toms hardware from long time ago and never registed, i did now only to comment hehe :p

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]All your posts you make on the feedback page here can been found in the forum. If you want to edit your post here simply go the review comments (found here) forum, find this article and find you post and click on the quick edit button just and make the changes.[/citation]
Wow, thanks! Didn't know we could do that. Finally!

blacksins

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Digitalkryme[/nom]Would of been better without the woman in the pics, cant get a good view of the hardware. Besides that my wife is better looking[/citation]
WOW! really?!!

G

[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]All your posts you make on the feedback page here can been found in the forum. If you want to edit your post here simply go the review comments (found here) forum, find this article and find you post and click on the quick edit button just and make the changes.[/citation]

Well golly gosh! That's so convenient. In the next iteration, see if you can add more steps.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Digitalkryme[/nom]Would of been better without the woman in the pics, cant get a good view of the hardware. Besides that my wife is better looking[/citation]

Hey. Why don't you post pics of your hottie wife for all of us to see? :) LOL

callousdigits

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
For any of you that live near a microcenter, I just bought an I5 there for $149.99. I don't think they'll ship with that price, but that is KILLER for this processor!

Status
Not open for further replies.