Tom's Overclocking Contest Date Set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Why not just replace the case with an air conditioner? Seems cheap and effective lol. I've seen people do it on the most reputable site... ever... youtube.

mauleriscool

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
[citation][nom]doomsdaydave11[/nom]Why not just replace the case with an air conditioner? Seems cheap and effective lol. I've seen people do it on the most reputable site... ever... youtube.[/citation]
or just get a deepfreeze freezer and put the pc in it

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I agree break it down, makes no damn sense to mix everything up, the best will be either LN2 or Phase. Hell I can beat any one if I have LN2 and you give me the hardware.. I came in 7th in GigaBytes overclocking contest not to long ago with air and was 2nd up against water systems and I had air...

H20WIRED

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
why put all that $ is a pc? is it going to make you a better player in games? i think not.take that cach and buy a high performance engine for
your car,like a sm block chevy, youll have a hell of a better time than setting in front of a $5,000 pc, 5 grand will build you 1 hell of a fast car, i know 5k got me 450HP BEATING PORCHES IS MUCH MORE FUN THAN BEATING SOME 1 IN A PC GAME! H20 CPU/Q6600@3.8 P5K-3 1066-2GB H20COOLED RAM

scurvywombat

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2008
H20WIRED: Some people enjoy it as a hobby, that's why they would sink the money into it. I agree with other posters, there should be different categories based on cooling types. Oh, and it's "Porsche" btw, I would hope that 5k would get you a car that could go faster than a porch :p

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
you can't blame him for not spelling it right... it's really hard to read in the tiny rear view mirror... and btw for 5k you can get an older turbo'd supra with a few dollars left for air freshner and maybe some new road meat all the way around. :p beats a proche a porsche, and a porch monkey (takin it back).

anyway! If i had the interest and time to be in the contest, I have an idea that would be relatively inexpensive and uber effective...

G

Hopefully they will pick me. I am moving to the LA area in two weeks and will have LN2 and a 2 Stage cascade phase change ready.

G

@H20WIRED high-end benching is like high-end drag or track racing. You spend obscene amounts on money for a time-slip and to an outsider it can be a bit confusing. It takes a special/crazy person to appreciate dumping 2 volts into a 45nm processor =)

Chris Morrell - Gomeler

pyrogroundhog

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]nachowarrior[/nom]btw for 5k you can get an older turbo'd supra with [/citation]

A turbo Supra is nice indeed. An old buddy of mine used to have an RX7 with the third rotor mod, and another had a turbo Supra. They used to have quite a bit of fun after work.

A gaming PC might use a lot of electricity, but with the price of gas these days it's probably a cheaper hobby than sports cars. A game that has a lot of replay value is a lot like a scenic, twisty road without all the patrol cruisers.

Toasty64

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Well I've got a Porsche 944 with 150 horses. :p Fo $3500 it was a steal. Great condition.

Anyway, this seems like my kind of contest, but I can't go anyway. Nor do I have proof of my skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.