Tom's Talks Moorestown With The Father Of Centrino

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctbco

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Having lived most of my life in Moorestown I am just curious to know how that became the name of a chip technology.

Interesting. Apparently the editors had to make a couple of notes, one on what tech was referenced, and the second on sales figures that disagreed with a claim.

Was "TT" provided a copy of the questions before hand by THG or was THG handed the questions from Intel? Was THG allowed to ask any other questions? I wouldn't doubt his answers were prepared for him for at least some of the questions.

Sounds like there was a lot of marketing spin added into "TT"'s answers on some of these questions. Of course Intel wants us all to believe (especially the manufacturers) that they will be #1 in this market soon.

Interpreted instructions will always be slower. (i.e. Motorola's old 6800 and 68000 family did NOT interpret any instruction, so they could take as little as one clock cycle to complete an instruction vs. the 8080 & x86 architecture which required a minimum of four clock cycles per.)

The competition will be good, but I'm taking a "wait and see" view if Intel will live up to this hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.