Tons Of New Win7 Launch Hardware--Roundup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
[citation][nom]tomsguiderachel1[/nom]Sorry, hemelskonijn. I didn't even mention bloatware, did I? For the purposes of this article, why would I discuss that? This is an article about launches. Not every tom's reader removes the OS from a new laptop (and OS is the only software I talked about having the manufacturer install for you). Also, let me introduce myself. I am not new--I am the editor of Tom's Guide. This news article we are commenting on appeared on Tom's Hardware--a different site. The readers of Tom's Guide don't always follow the same rules of conduct as the readers of Tom's Hardware. Anyway, the point is that you seem really angry--you're telling me to get a new job because of "lines like that" and I don't even know which line you're talking about. Just keep in mind that most consumers would rather NOT have to install a new OS by themselves. Call them noobs, but don't call them anything meaner than that. It would be over-the-top to do so. Thanks[/citation]

Owned bahahahaha

mukanil

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
"Are you new to computers ?, new to Tom's or have you never bought a new computer system ?"

-"Also, let me introduce myself. I am not new..."

I think it was a rhetorical question, he (hemelskoninjainjininnnijjj) wasn't actually asking or insinuating noobness. And the line he was talking about was quoted, so not sure why that was an issue. The main point though was ignored though, by MS and you. Angry, no; frustrated, maybe.

I find a win7 "gaming platform" a little disturbing at this point. But if it's someone I'm playing against, I hope they're running win7. In WoW, one person asked how come I was always the leader... the answer is because I'm the first one to load into the battlefield, and that's because I have a very good platform... and I'll continue to have that edge because I'm not going to get slowed down by win7.

Prove me wrong, and I'll buy it, but not until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.