Question Too fast movement speed in games and the ascend problem.

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
Basically I feel like the movement/running/walking/crouch moving etc speed is kinda too fast. Could be OCD since I had stutters and fps drops since 1 year or so but the recent windows 10 optional update fixed that (outside of cyberpunk 2077 which refuses to run properly even on low seetings "rolls eyes". Here are 2 short videos dont mind the fps in ac odyssey it hits a stable 60 when not recording.
. Specs are mediocre at best i5 7500 with freezer 34 cooler (an overkill I know). Gtx 1060 6gb. 2x8 gb of ram kingston hiperfury x 2400 , bequiet system power 9 600 watt psu. 1 tb seagate baracuda 7200 rpm and 1 kingston nvme 128 gb ssd for the os. Games are played from the hdd. Whole pc is completely updated from top to bottom. Tested with prime, memtest.crystal disk info, seagate tools and superposition benchmark. I am OCD ing because in the past used to have a huge problem with the bethesda games fallout 4 skyrim se etc. I turned out to be some nitpicky openGL problem which made anything on that engine run like a freight train.
2. And the second quest absolutely stumped me - basically yesterday I b and inst the ascent launched it all is fine played for a few hours then today when I launch it... only 5 fps I tried asking everywhere but seems nobody has quite the same problem. I noticed it doesnt even use 30 % of the cpu and gpu power I guess that could be the reason but kill me if I know why one day it ran fine then the other bam this....

Lutfij

Titan
On the topic of your build, what OS version are you currently on for your platform? How old is the PSU in your build? Might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers then manually reinstall the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Speaking of motherboard, you forgot to mention the make and model of the motherboard.

FYI, you're fine, gameplay wise!

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
PSU is brand new os is windows 10 pro updated to the latest version with all the optional updates I ddu every month just to be sure Mobo is Asus ROG strix b250g and it's never been updated since I picked it up back in 2018
. I don't dare touch anything else in bios other than the fan curve and the boot order

TRENDING THREADS