Question Too much RAM in use

Mar 23, 2019
How can I decrease the use of RAM in my PC?

This is a pic of my task manager, when every window is closed I have 8gb RAM installed, but only 4.5gb is free.

vuuLRPm.jpg

Dictionary:

Procesor - Procesor

Pamięć - Memory

Dysk - Disc

Sieć - Network

Mar 26, 2019
First off windows 10 64 bit will only use 4 Gigs of ram 32 bit 2 Gigs of ram. The left over is used for other stuff like added video memory etc. I would google the task and see if its needed or could it be infected with a virus.
After looking at the file its part of your antivirus software. Must be doing a scan or real time mon. I would get a better antivirus that is less demanding on system memory.

Mar 23, 2019
When I'am playing Watch_Dogs 2 on my PC, Ubisoft says that I have to little RAM, to play this game smoothly, so I tought it could work faster. I was also wondering why google is devouring that much RAM GBs.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Weird, you meet the recommended requirements for RAM, don't know why it would be telling you that.

Chrome can be a bit of a RAM hog, did you take that screenshot without Chrome open? How recently had you closed it? I don't think it's unusual for it to stay in memory for a bit. If you actually start needing that memory for something else windows should flush stuff from memory or move it to the pagefile as needed.

Are you having performance issues in WD2?