Question Tool for optimizing / calibrating battery (Win 8.1) ?

beherenow

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Does anyone know of a battery optimizer / calibration tool for getting a little more battery life in Win 8.1 on Thinkpad T520? Back when I had Win 7 on this same laptop I had such a thing (drained your battery then recharged it, something like that,) It must have been either native to Win 7 or part of ThinkVantage I guess? I don't care if the tool is third-party, part of Windows, or from Lenovo, just as long as it doesn't require installing ThinkVantage. I don't have TV now and don't want to install it because it's big and bloaty and everything's running flawlessly without it.

I searched for hours and it looks like pretty much all the websites that have info on this kind of thing have dumped their articles that are for Win 7/8 and you can only find Win 10/11 now.

Aug 15, 2023
Does anyone know of a battery optimizer / calibration tool for getting a little more battery life in Win 8.1 on Thinkpad T520? Back when I had Win 7 on this same laptop I had such a thing (drained your battery then recharged it, something like that,) It must have been either native to Win 7 or part of ThinkVantage I guess? I don't care if the tool is third-party, part of Windows, or from Lenovo, just as long as it doesn't require installing ThinkVantage. I don't have TV now and don't want to install it because it's big and bloaty and everything's running flawlessly without it.

I searched for hours and it looks like pretty much all the websites that have info on this kind of thing have dumped their articles that are for Win 7/8 and you can only find Win 10/11 now.
Hi , first you can use a program to determine battery curent life status https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-tools-analyze-laptop-battery-life/, and also here https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-ways-improve-battery-life-windows-8-tablets-laptops/, you have an article on how to optimize battery in windows 8 , if the life of the battery is low in that case you need to replace , but first you can make the test and see results.

beherenow

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
These are not what I was asking for. The first one only MEASURES the battery life. I asked for something to IMPROVE (extend) it. The second one just tells you things you can switch off in Windows so it uses less power, which I already know about. That is completely different from a DEDICATED TOOL THAT OPTIMIZIES OR RECALIBRATES THE BATTERY.

These are not what I was asking for. The first one only MEASURES the battery life. I asked for something to IMPROVE (extend) it. The second one just tells you things you can switch off in Windows so it uses less power, which I already know about. That is completely different from a DEDICATED TOOL THAT OPTIMIZIES OR RECALIBRATES THE BATTERY.

TRENDING THREADS