Question Top 1/4 of screen out of synch with rest but only at 4k

Randy_baton

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hi

LGxc OLED set to 4k 60hz with gsync on in both nvidea control panel and game (i've also tried on then the other on/off)

When i move around in game or even if a camera is panning in a you tube video i get a straight line about 1/4 of the way down my screen where the top part is out of synch with the bottom part. If I switch to 1080p (120 or 60hz) in nvidea control panel its fine.

There is an example video here https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PoUoH6MFKO2bKouVM2z1zhqvBeKUOPN/view
you can see the line clearly in the tree trunk, is this screen tearing?

Lutfij

Titan
That is screen tearing. Might want to see if you can reinstall your GPU drivers. Use DDU to clean your platform off of any GPU drivers then reboot to and manually reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your GPU? What version of Windows 10 are you on? Motherboard's make and model and BIOS version?

Reactions: Randy_baton

Randy_baton

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Relatively new build overall from Jan 21, but the GPU and PSU are a few months old. After installing the GPU/PSU I've had a problem with the PC not getting past the motherboard splash screen from a cold start (screen looks like nothings connected to it). Powering down and back up again would make it boot correctly. This has gone away in recent weeks and it boots fine from cold.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC - drivers updated by Gforce so should be the latest version.
W10 home - Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3001, 04/12/2020

Randy_baton

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, unplugged my ethernet, rebooted in safe mode ran DDU. Rebooted and installed the driver, then reconnected the Ethernet and no change.

Here is a video of the issue in YouTube chrome. Hardware acceleration is on and Nvidia CP 3d settings has chrome added a programme and v-sync set to fast.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEQPbidoyKq_IgVos44HNmCWfbdaJ1IH/view?usp=sharing
(there is only one tear line my phone is creating the other one )

Only happens when tv resolution is set to 4k, 1080p is fine.

Randy_baton

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
so a bit more testing today just trued swapping teh hgmi form my PS4 into my PC and no issue. Fine I thought, played for an hour or so, switched off my gaming PC for a few hours, started it back up and the issue has returned. absolutely nothing has changed from this morning.

The issue is present on my desktop, just hadn't noticed as i don't tend to drag things around.

TRENDING THREADS