Top Motherboards brand?

Bilal Rabbani

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi guys, This is one of the most frequently asked question (Which Motherboard brand is best?) I have seen and read many members giving their own personal experience with their favorite brands. Most of them consider ASUS and GIGABYTE as more reliable and reputed brands. Though, many gave good feedbacks to MSI or Asrock and other brands too.
And what i've found on Net. That most of the Americans, Europeans etc prefered ASUS But in my country (INDIA) 90% of the PC makers prefer GIGABYTE. They say that we have temperature issue in India and Asus motherboards get hot but Gigabyte ones run cool in 45 degree . foreign folks prefer Asus because they live in a cold climate. Therefore, I had to chose GIGABYTE instead of ASUS. Although my computer working fine but i still think, If i would have chosen ASUS my pc performance would have been much better. It seems to me bit slow when i compare it to my brother's machine. He has 5yrs. old Asus machine. and I have just recently bought my 4th gen. machine. Both have 2gb of rams even i have Kingston 1600mhz and his 1300mhz EVM. He has many heavy software like Autocad. and I don't because I only use my pc as HTPC. neither i play games on it.
Why is it so? Do Asus motherboards give better performance than GIGABYTE?

Solution
The only thing really to consider with motherboards is quality and features.
Once you lay out what features you need/want, then you can narrow down the brands.

Overall, the only brand I dont recommend is MSI, as they have been known to have some poor QC.
ASRock, ASUS, and Gigabyte are all brands that I would recommend.
So find a board that suits your needs, and pick which one fits your budget best from there.

Every company has some great boards, and some weaker models. No no single one is best.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboards do almost nothing to affect performance anymore, most of the features that used to affect performance have now been moved onto the cpu. So as long as the motherboard has the features you need the difference between a asus, asrock, gigabyte, msi etc board in the same price range with the same chipset is almost not existent nowadays. So to answer your question there is no motherboard manufacture that is "the best".

The only thing really to consider with motherboards is quality and features.
Once you lay out what features you need/want, then you can narrow down the brands.

Overall, the only brand I dont recommend is MSI, as they have been known to have some poor QC.
ASRock, ASUS, and Gigabyte are all brands that I would recommend.
So find a board that suits your needs, and pick which one fits your budget best from there.

Every company has some great boards, and some weaker models. No no single one is best.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Do you use more than 2gb of ram? I doubt it if its just a home theater pc in that case upgrading the ram probably wont do anything. If its just for watching movies and stuff and it works well enough now i wouldn't upgrade anything. Does this pc not perform well? Is that why your trying to upgrade it?

Bilal Rabbani

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
My specs: Intel Pantium G-3240 + 2gb Kingston 1600mhz Ram + 1TB HDD WD. + GIGABYTE H81M-s1 Motherboard.
I use this PC only fo entertainment purpose like Watching movies, online streaming, Net surfing and little bit photo and video editing. Thats it
I don't play games at all.
But When i open my browser it takes few secs unlike other pcs i have seen open programs instantly. Therefore some guys suggested me to increase 2gb to 4gb.
Overall, i want my pc bit more faster.

Bilal Rabbani

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Thanks for your respond mate. I would definitely grab a 2 more gb of Ram but SSD are not yet cheap in my country and as being a Graduate student i am running out of money. But i will buy in near future :) Cheers