[SOLVED] Top performance for price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harroldeenio

Reputable
Mar 12, 2019
I need the best PC excluding a graphics card I can purchase for £850. Case,CPU,MB,RAM,Storage,PSU.. ect.

I have a GTX 1070 if that helps..

Solution
I'd change the power supply and the ssd.
VS series are probably the lowest end line from Corsair. Get a quality power supply, that's the last component you want to cut corners at. Better choices would be something like RM series from Corsair or Seasconic Focus+.
Crucial BX series are Dram-less ssd's; it gets a bit technical here, but ssd's with Dram are simply a better deal. Popular choices would be Crucial MX or Samsung 860.
Those are SATA ssd's. Your motherboard supports m.2 nvme ssd's, that are technically a lot faster than sata ones. In a real world enviroment though, you shouldn't see much difference, but close prices might justify going for nvme. A pretty generic choice here would be Samsing 960/970.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
I'd change the power supply and the ssd.
VS series are probably the lowest end line from Corsair. Get a quality power supply, that's the last component you want to cut corners at. Better choices would be something like RM series from Corsair or Seasconic Focus+.
Crucial BX series are Dram-less ssd's; it gets a bit technical here, but ssd's with Dram are simply a better deal. Popular choices would be Crucial MX or Samsung 860.
Those are SATA ssd's. Your motherboard supports m.2 nvme ssd's, that are technically a lot faster than sata ones. In a real world enviroment though, you shouldn't see much difference, but close prices might justify going for nvme. A pretty generic choice here would be Samsing 960/970.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.