Torchlight 2 Release Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
YEEEEEEEAH!!! Been waiting for this game since its announcement. torchlight 1 was hands down the most fun dungeon crawler Ive ever played. hope this one lives up to its predecessor!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
been looking at tourchlight 2 sense it was announced at 20$

but there are some things that i need to know before i will get it.

confirmation that the game isnt like the first one, as in the new game+ doesnt involve scrapping your current character, and enemies get harder through higher level settings like almost every other character building dungeon crawler.

the relative length of the game

how much verity is there, first game i started just seeing the same crap over and over again, and that really killed the loot aspect of the game for me to some extent.

hell if you can just confirm the new game + aspect of the game, i would preorder right now.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]been looking at tourchlight 2 sense it was announced at 20$but there are some things that i need to know before i will get it.[/citation]
played the beta. a lot of terrain to cover in just one act.
http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/07/20/size-matters-travis-talks-about-scale/
this will give you some idea about how 2 compares v 1.
and its twenty bones, DRM free. anyways, im in.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]itsnotmeitsyou[/nom]played the beta. a lot of terrain to cover in just one act.http://www.torchlight2game.com/new [...] out-scale/this will give you some idea about how 2 compares v 1.and its twenty bones, DRM free. anyways, im in.[/citation]

as far as game size goes its about what i expect, however what i hated the most about tourchlight was the end game, and that i couldnt go through the game a second time with harder enemies with my equipment, that bugged me the most.

you able to talk about that or is that a nda deal?

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]you able to talk about that or is that a nda deal?[/citation]

i don't remember signing an NDA, I think they wanted all the talk they could get. It was a relatively open beta, however, like the D3 beta we were limited to a small portion of the game. It was nice looking, more open world was nice, not just dungeon walls. I just messed around really, but from all the reading on their forums, they are aware of the "Easiness" of the first one, and the second is supposed to make improvements on that.

I know what you are saying about TL1 and the repetitive monsters etc, but all the reading and data they're giving out makes it sound like its not going to be a problem. I didn't see it being in beta, but as i said, you could only go so far.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]Do i need to play torchlight one to get the story on T2?[/citation]

what story? its a hack'n'slash. you need mountain dew, pizza, and ideally in TL2, friends.

jtd871

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
alidan,

According to the official website, new game + allows you to re-use your same levelled up character. Just spend the $ already.

G

In the time that it took you to write a comment, you could have researched that yourself....it's $20. Nothing to lose. I played Beta for both TL2 and D3. TL2 was infinitely a better ARPG at 1/3 the cost. No brainer.

AstroTC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I loved Torchlight.. correction I still love it, great game to pop in and play, tried so many different builds for each class. Definitely buying this when it come out

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jtd871[/nom]alidan,According to the official website, new game + allows you to re-use your same levelled up character. Just spend the $ already.[/citation]

just googled it, not sure when that was added but i know it wanst there last time i looked it up.

now that i know this, i can preorder without much of a problem, but now it also begs the question, how many new game +es are there? are the infinate?

take most games like this, there are 3-5 ng+ before you reach the end, but look at dark souls, not sure about demon, i forget how that one was, where they have between 14 and 27 levels of ng+

game got my preorder, but now it needs to answer a new question...

cant wait to see which i like more. borderlands 2 or torchlight 2

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I'm excited for the multiplayer. The ability to use mods if everyone else in your group has them is great - that could really double the time you end up playing the game.

moonzy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]_3dfx[/nom]Great,cant wait for it !I already threw out my copy of D3.[/citation]

I know, right? And D2 was simply disgusting.
Just deleted it last week. finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.