Torchlight 2 Sells Over 1 Million Copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Tuishimi[/nom]I own both Torchlight I & II... I preferred the first game.[/citation]
I know several people who prefer Torchlight 1 over Diablo 3.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I know several people who prefer Torchlight 1 over Diablo 3.[/citation]

I would prefer being beaten with a baseball bat over Diablo 3.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
runic really made a solid and long game. lots of missions, enemies, endless variety of loot, great difficulty. this games worth whatever price you pay for it.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I have all three of the mentioned games and #1 being the best and #3 being the worst (some games are even badder than "worst"):

1. Torchlight I
2. Torchlight II
10. Diablo III

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Bean007[/nom]Yup and it suffers the same problem as D3 and that is not enough content.[/citation]

Dude! Don't put TL2 in that boat. How much content do you want for $10? My 1st TL2 play through took around 18 hours. Now doing Game Plus in multiplayer and lovin it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
at least untill the dev kid comes out, i put torchlight at worse than sacred gold and titanquest, i havent played sacred 2 enough to get a firm opinion on it.

after the dev kit comes out, we may see some really great mods.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Formata[/nom]Dude! Don't put TL2 in that boat. How much content do you want for $10? My 1st TL2 play through took around 18 hours. Now doing Game Plus in multiplayer and lovin it.[/citation]
you must have sped through the game then without doing any sidequests on normal difficulty o_O I spent more than twice that much time in my first playthrough with normal difficulty and doing almost all the sidequests. even longer in the second playthrough on expert.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I'm a perfectionist, I haven't made a character I liked enough to finish the game yet :(

Sad part about being a perfectionist this happens in games like this frequently. Took me over a year to finally beat borderlands but that was mainly due to making several characters to make them perfect (and I was having way too much in the beginning stages of the game) and trying new builds along with the endless quest for weapons. You be surprised how often I ran into identical weapons in the game, for a game with millions of weapons it was actually quite common occurance.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
It's tempting to get TL2, but I somehow don't think it'll be as good as Path of Exile. I tried TL1 and couldn't get into it at all. Some people are saying TL1 > TL2, so I think I'll pass.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]It's tempting to get TL2, but I somehow don't think it'll be as good as Path of Exile. I tried TL1 and couldn't get into it at all. Some people are saying TL1 > TL2, so I think I'll pass.[/citation]

In my opinion, TL2 was an improvement over TL1, but I loved both games. My main problem with 1 was that the end was so anti-climactic that I honestly didn't know I'd done it until I'd gone a number of levels through the post-game grind afterwards. (But, hey, that's me being an idiot.)

I thought the second one expanded on the silly fun of the first one and fleshed out the weak points.

However, if you didn't really get into the first one, chances are that you wouldn't get into the sequel either - they're not that different

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]It's tempting to get TL2, but I somehow don't think it'll be as good as Path of Exile. I tried TL1 and couldn't get into it at all. Some people are saying TL1 > TL2, so I think I'll pass.[/citation]
TL2 is much larger and has multiplayer. I prefer TL2 over TL1, it's an improvement in almost every way. I thought TL1 was good but I was really hooked to TL2 instantly and it was refreshing to see the campaign took about 50 hours to finish and not once did it get boring. It's possible to finish it faster if you don't rush or don't explore everything. Each class can have its own playstyle and one build isn't exactly like another which is quite good. Give the demo a shot they have on the official website and see if you'll like it.

I hope it doesn't take long for the official mod tools to be released so we start seeing some multiplayer mods.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]TL2 is much larger and has multiplayer....I hope it doesn't take long for the official mod tools to be released so we start seeing some multiplayer mods.[/citation]

Both great points. The MP was a hell of a lot of fun, and made it really easy to play through a few times with different friends. Also, yeah, I really wish they'd get the mod tools out there.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Bought T2. Played outlander (a guy with an uber gun) on normal.
Was way too easy.
Was reluctant to play again on harder levels.

Feels a bit short. On the other hand, it's normal price is rather small too, 20$.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I actually did not really like Torchlight 1 all that much but for the price I paid it was good enough. To me it just seemed to lack depth and I was bored with it before I could ever finish.

Outside of Diablo II the last action RPG I really loved was Titan Quest.

Diablo 3 has been a huge let down with the entire focus of the game being "go to auction house" and the fact that act III and IV were super short and lacking major content.

Does Torchlight 2 have more depth and better item/abilities than the 1st one? If so maybe I need to try it out.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Does Torchlight 2 have more depth and better item/abilities than the 1st one? If so maybe I need to try it out.[/citation]

I certainly think that it does...but I guess the real question is, "does it have enough more for you"?

amkronos

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I got T2 for Lan play, and it's been a nice game for the family to play. My son, wife and I love doing multiplayer hardcore elite games as a survival challenge. We tried D3 and it sucked so hardcore.. I hadn't felt the need to grind for gear that badly since I player Everquest back in the early 2000's.

Status
Not open for further replies.