[SOLVED] Toshiba 2 TB vs Wester Digital 1TB

Solution
Personally I'd go for an SSD, but those are a bit pricier.

What's the absolute most you'd want to spend? In the price range around the two drives you linked, the best options I'm finding on that StarTech site are the WD Blue you linked and the Seagate Barracuda. Both are great drives that will offer pretty much identical performance, and will be good options for you if you don't want or need more than 1TB of space.

Are there any other retailers like StarTech that sell PC components to Bangladesh? I usually use PCPartPicker to compare components and retailers but Bangladesh doesn't seem to be on their list of available countries.
The WD will probably be slightly faster, with double the buffer size of the Toshiba, but the Toshiba has double the storage. It really depends on what's more important to you personally, the storage space or the slight speed difference

Xanthosis

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015
The WD will probably be slightly faster, with double the buffer size of the Toshiba, but the Toshiba has double the storage. It really depends on what's more important to you personally, the storage space or the slight speed difference
I have gone through several review of the toshiba drive ..and mostly were negative saying it failed or died .. I thought to get wd blue 2 tb but it is slower than the toshiba one .. I prefer good speed and sufficient storage .. I have a 240 gb ssd in my pc .. can you please tell what would you do if you were in my position?

Personally I'd go for an SSD, but those are a bit pricier.

What's the absolute most you'd want to spend? In the price range around the two drives you linked, the best options I'm finding on that StarTech site are the WD Blue you linked and the Seagate Barracuda. Both are great drives that will offer pretty much identical performance, and will be good options for you if you don't want or need more than 1TB of space.

Are there any other retailers like StarTech that sell PC components to Bangladesh? I usually use PCPartPicker to compare components and retailers but Bangladesh doesn't seem to be on their list of available countries.

Solution

babaQrana

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
I've seen WD Blue drives with 35K operating hours on them....several times.

Mine is working 46k+ hours and still standing strong.

fYywBBi.png