Toshiba Announces Availability of 19 nm NAND SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
"The drives are ideal for high-end notebooks, tablets, PCs, all-in-one desktop computers and industrial PCs."

ideal for everything... marketing nonsense. I could give a rats @$$ about the "19 mm" unless that translates to drives that cost 1/4 the current price of SSDs

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]"The drives are ideal for high-end notebooks, tablets, PCs, all-in-one desktop computers and industrial PCs."ideal for everything... marketing nonsense. I could give a rats @$$ about the "19 mm" unless that translates to drives that cost 1/4 the current price of SSDs[/citation]

Basically they're saying - if it has a micro, throw one of these in there....yeah, not much detail - just marketing hype.

Steve Honaker II

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Am I the only person that saw how massive this flash is 19 mm wish 19,000,000 nm insanity I say do I have a room that I can fit a 512GB SSD into at that size. It's a million times larger than many of its competitors.

Joking aside you might want to fix that abbreviation.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Steve Honaker II[/nom]Am I the only person that saw how massive this flash is 19 mm wish 19,000,000 nm insanity I say do I have a room that I can fit a 512GB SSD into at that size. It's a million times larger than many of its competitors. Joking aside you might want to fix that abbreviation.[/citation]
Was it in the article too? It is in the table, currently...

Status
Not open for further replies.