Toshiba Intros Low-Power Tech for Embedded SRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That is awesome tech. Can't wait to put that into a Y series Haswell tablet.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]Saloobi[/nom]That is awesome tech. Can't wait to put that into a Y series Haswell tablet.[/citation]
I doubt Intel will license Toshiba's SRAM technology and even if they did, Haswell is already too far in the development stage (probably already preparing for launch tape-out) to integrate this.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
>_> i'm not sure how much difference this is going to allow "consumers to enjoy more movies, games and other media on a single charge." When its your screen thats using like 90% of the power

Maybe it will help standby power consumption but honestly i think this tech will be adding minutes to your battery life not hours

f-14

Distinguished
how bad is the lag it creates, what are the performance results and negative impacts? i really don't give a f' how long the battery lasts as long as it's more than an hour or two of mobile use and so long as the battery can be swapped out quickly.

[citation][nom]TheinsanegamerN[/nom]im confused. is this for sdram or sram? tom's, these are 2 very different technologies.....[/citation]

It says SDRAM only once whereas it says SRAM four times and the source link says SRAM. I'm leaning towards SRAM.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]InvalidError[/nom]I doubt Intel will license Toshiba's SRAM technology and even if they did, Haswell is already too far in the development stage (probably already preparing for launch tape-out) to integrate this.[/citation]
What? Haswell's not going to be used in Atom, i'm not aware of Atom SoCs having Intel manufactured SRAM anyway. Bay Trail will probably be derived from Ivy or Haswell, so can't say anything about that.
BTW isn't "tape out" the first batch of engineering samples? Haswell's probably already in production, or at least in pre-production.

Status
Not open for further replies.