toshiba l455d-s5976 wireless indicator red

fats-prod

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
wireless indicator light on the front is amber (red?) I cannot connect to my wireless network. Networks in range are visible but I cannot connect. I have deleted drivers, re installed drivers. Replaced wireless unit and installed drivers. Updated windows 7 to windows 10. ran system file check and all files are okay.flushed int ip reset, winsock reset, ipconfig release and renew, and ipconfig flush dns. I have attempted to turn of wireless adapter using fn + f8 nothing happens at all doing that.

I can connect using cable connect to the router. this msg is using that connection and I can connect to my wireless router using two other Toshiba laptops one on XP-PRO SP3, windows 10 on the other. All using same password to connect.

any ideas? I am open, but please refrain from asking me to repeat the same things I have already tried. Okay?

I forgot to mention that I can successfully PING the ip address of the wireless router from this computer also. This seems to say, at least to me that the transmitter and receiver on the wireless device is working properly.

So, does anyone have an idea what setting is incorrect?

Thanks for any help.

03/30/2016 @ 14:53

Okay, so I still have not received and answer to my question. How do I (using: run/cmd) turn on wi-fi adapter, tunneling and everything needed to successfully engage my wi-fi? I know that someone out there has an answer to this, I am just not knowledgeable enough using "ipconfig" or other "root controls" (my term) to check and activate the wi-fi adapter.

Oh, by the way many, many of my devices work fine in windows 10 using drivers from windows 7. I have no reason to believe that my wireless adapter drivers will not work with 10.

One last thing. I had this problem while still using Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 thinking that that update might fix the problem but it did not. It did not make it worse you understand? But I still have the same problem red light on wi-fi indicator and I cannot connect to any wireless networks. I can ping them but no connection.

Thanks

Solution
Windows 10 is not supported on that Satellite model (ie Toshiba have not released any Windows 10 drivers for it):
http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=2439385

(You can see the supported Windows versions at bottom of filtering options in the left-hand panel).

Windows 10 Automatic Updates from Microsoft may rectify the issue in due course, but you really should have checked drivers availability before upgrading the OS.

I can confirm that the wireless adapter itself is not broken if it's able to scan for networks.
If no driver is forthcoming you can use a plug-in USB WiFi adapter which supports Windows 7 (check specs before buying).

If that's not acceptable, revert to Windows 7.
Windows 10 is not supported on that Satellite model (ie Toshiba have not released any Windows 10 drivers for it):
http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=2439385

(You can see the supported Windows versions at bottom of filtering options in the left-hand panel).

Windows 10 Automatic Updates from Microsoft may rectify the issue in due course, but you really should have checked drivers availability before upgrading the OS.

I can confirm that the wireless adapter itself is not broken if it's able to scan for networks.
If no driver is forthcoming you can use a plug-in USB WiFi adapter which supports Windows 7 (check specs before buying).

If that's not acceptable, revert to Windows 7.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS