Question Toshiba L50B - RTC battery is low.

May 21, 2020
Good morning,

you are my last hope

I have a Toshiba Satellite L50D and for some time, when I turn it on, the screen remains black without that happening more.

After consulting various forums I have followed this procedure which at least gave some results: I removed the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

I then reinserted the battery and, after several attempts, turns on and the following "RTC Battery is low" and I have to put the time and date. Unless and go out and everything works fine, of course finquando not turn it off again.

I conclude that the BIOS battery is dead. I open the PC, but .... I do not see any CMOS battery. Again I also try to inform the Toshiba with different news: The CMOS battery is incorporated into the main battery (denied because I replaced the battery and nothing has changed); the CMOS battery is not visible because it is located UNDER the motherboard and perhaps is welded to the same (I have not checked); if you can hold it to turn on the PC attached to the power supply for several hours even if the battery is charged because the BIOS battery recharges itself (something I'm trying right now).

Please help

Thank you and good day.

Andrew

AMD Radeon™ R5 M230 , amd gpu might be the issue, if you got message ""RTC Battery is low" then it means you probably dont have cmos battery on this motherboard.

Most likely issues : -corrupt me region in bios chip or amd gpu having issues, the cpu should have integrated graphics too , try switch to it in bios (after swapping do f10 to save)

May 21, 2020
Hello, in the bios there is no entry related to the video card.
I tried pressing the power button for 10 seconds but to no avail. Now the PC has been on for 24 hours and I will keep it on for another 48 hours. We'll see what happens but I'm pretty pessimistic. If you have other ideas let me know ..... :(
Hello and thanks.

TRENDING THREADS