[SOLVED] Toshiba laptop doesnt launch the windows. HDD problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasiuspascalus

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
Okay, I have Toshiba Satellite C855D series laptop. Recently, less than a year a change the damaged hard disk and replaced it with a new toshiba 1 TB memory, which is still on warranty.

I don't know the cause of the why windows doesnt startup but after I installed a computer cleaner program it seemed suspicious to me, so I disabled installation through task manager and suddenly windows/laptop restarted itself and didnt launch windows again, it stucked immediately after toshiba logo.

I went to bios to saw the situation and hard disk is detected. But when I launch the windows cd installation I performed startup repair with no fix.

I started then to reinstal windows but in installation menu hard disk is not visible.

I went to command prompt and typed
'disk part' and 'list disk' and the disk is showed up in invalid and dynamic mode.

Now, hard disk is splitted in four partitions. I'm scarred to format whole entire 1000 GB disk with much personal data.

What can I do?

Please help.

Solution
remove the hard disk and put it in an external usb enclosure.

then take it to another computer and do a virus scan and then copy all data off it (onto a new disk)

After that you can re-partition and reformat

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
remove the hard disk and put it in an external usb enclosure.

then take it to another computer and do a virus scan and then copy all data off it (onto a new disk)

After that you can re-partition and reformat

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.