Question toshiba satellite i875-D Sound problem

Jul 21, 2019
i have a toshiba satellite L875-D laptob with a sound issue that has been bugging me for awhile. now im pretty good with pcs in general but with this laptop, it always seems to think i have headphones plugged in when the isnt. now the headphone jack does work jus fine as i have nice sound with headphones but if i unplug them its still registering they are plugged in ive tried the uninstall and reinstall of all audio drivers, ive tried several different versions of the drivers, disable and renabling, i even did a complete format of my hard drive and a fresh new install of windows 7 and it still thinks headphones are plugged in. ive read something about cleaning the audio contacts or replacing the jack itself but the jack isnt seperate its part of the whole motherboard. so i am at a complete loss on what to do to be able to use the internal speakers. im currently having to use usb powered speakers but i would much rather use the spekers in my laptop. any heal from you all would be much appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
You could take a Q tip and with some rubbing alcohol try and carefully clean the inside contact points of the audio port. You might also want to see if your Toshiba laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Might it be possible to parse a link to where you sourced the drivers for your laptop? Also where did you get your installer for Windows 7?