Question Toshiba satellite p50 no sound Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2020
Hello,
Since I reset windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite p50-B-10D, there is no sound coming out from the speakers and the headphones. But I have sound using USB / bluetooth headphones.
There are some "click" sounds going out from the speakers when I turn the sound off and on.
I checked everywhere on the internet, they are not muted, I tried several bit depths...Also there is no yellow sign in the device manager. For the computer, everything is working well (the green bar is moving when I test the speakers), but no sound so far ...
I guess it's a driver issue. I downloaded the suggested ones on the Toshiba/Dynabook website, I tried at least 5 different Realtek drivers with or without compatibility mode (win8), still nothing ...
I reset W10 twice, nothing ...

Any idea ?

Reactions: Marius Barnea

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what OS version you're on and if you have any BIOS updates pending when cross referencing Toshiba's support site? You might also want to see which version of Windows 10 you're at the time of writing. We're on version 20H2 and it's advised to reinstall the OS as opposed to perform a system restore or a reset to rule out a corruption in the OS.

Nov 19, 2020
Thanks for your answer.
I checked already the BIOS version, the latest available is the 1.50 and it's the one installed on my computer.

I currently have the 1909 W10 version, The 20H2 is actually downloading now. I'll wait for it to be installed.

And finally, I used the word "reset" which was incorrect, I meant "install" from the beginning because I changed the HDD to SSD so I installed W10 on the new disk and since then, no sound.

EDIT : the current W10 version is :
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎19-‎Nov-‎20
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.