[SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite won't start, green power light flash for a second

May 5, 2021
I have someone's Toshiba Satellite C650. It worked but it had loose power jack. I changed it and after assembly laptop started but screen was black (backlit was on). I tried to restart it but it won't start anymore. With battery on only reaction to power button is quick power light flash (green). When power cord is plugged in, both lights (battery and power) are green constantly. After power button click both leds turn off for a second.
I tried changing power jack to old one, resetting CMOS, pushing power button for 30/60 sec without battery and cord. Nothing helps. I'm screwed 😕

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seems like you got someone's laptop to repair, huh? If so, you might want to inspect the laptop for anything that might have semblance to burnt componentry on the motherboard, around the power input area. You will also need a multimeter to check and see if power is being fed across the motherboard.

As for your power discharge tactic, remove the power input(adapter power), battery, rams, storage drive and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to wipe the contacts on the sticks of ram. Wipe clean after using the eraser on them. Then reseat them in the laptop's ram slots.

Given the age of that laptop, it's highly possible that the motherboard needs replacing. Unless you're...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seems like you got someone's laptop to repair, huh? If so, you might want to inspect the laptop for anything that might have semblance to burnt componentry on the motherboard, around the power input area. You will also need a multimeter to check and see if power is being fed across the motherboard.

As for your power discharge tactic, remove the power input(adapter power), battery, rams, storage drive and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to wipe the contacts on the sticks of ram. Wipe clean after using the eraser on them. Then reseat them in the laptop's ram slots.

Given the age of that laptop, it's highly possible that the motherboard needs replacing. Unless you're sure that the adapter isn't comprised as well(seeing how old the laptop is)...?

Reactions: Kacper_ce
Solution