Question Toshiba satellite won't turn on

Nov 14, 2019
I have a Toshiba satellite E45t-B4300. Up until yesterday it was working fine. Then I tried to turn it on and it just flashed the power button every 4 seconds or so and didn't do anything. I assumed the battery was dead or something, so this morning, tried to plug it in and turn it on. Same thing. I looked at some suggestions online, and tried taking out the battery, holding down the power button to drain it, then putting battery back in and trying to turn it on. Now, I just get one quick flash of the power button when I try to turn it on (it's plugged in) and then nothing - though I just tried again and got a long light up, like it was turning on, but nothing happened. Then it went back to the short flash when I tried again. Any suggestions?

Nov 14, 2019
I have had issues with the cmos battery before I think - but it said the clock needed to be reset etc etc and just charging it for a long time seemed to reset it and it worked fine afterwards. Have never had issues like this. What kind of hardware failure would you guess? I'm traveling and don't really have the ability to get it worked on for awhile, so I was hoping someone would have a magic answer

Something like that is very hard to say without seeing it.

The cmos battery is internal and is most of the time the size of a nickel to a quarter
Usually a cr2032 and is attached to the motherboard.

Charging the regular battery won't charge the cmos battery.
You would have to take the back or bottom cover off to get to it.
If you are traveling here in the Us any Best Buy, Fry's or Microcenter will be able to assist you.
https://www.microcenter.com
Change the location site to see if there is a city near.

The cmos battery can be purchased at most
Places that have battery displays of the varies brand and type.
Walmart, Target and hardware stores.
Prices varies but 2 packs are usually less then $10.00.

Suggest looking your laptop up on Toshiba website for cmos battery replacement or laptop disassemble instructions if you do it yourself.