Toshiba's Portégé Z830 Ultrabook Series in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]You missed the most important part.Toshiba will be equiping this ultrabook with a Matte screen!Hopefully other vendors will take note and follow suit...[/citation]

Not everyone likes matte screens. I'd take a glossy screen over a matte one any day. More options don't hurt, but I'd hate it if we no longer even get the option for a glossy screen.

G

[citation][nom]AnUnusedUsername[/nom]Not everyone likes matte screens. I'd take a glossy screen over a matte one any day. More options don't hurt, but I'd hate it if we no longer even get the option for a glossy screen.[/citation]
Being an ultraportable made to be carried out into the sun, matte>>>>>>>>glossy.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]You missed the most important part.Toshiba will be equiping this ultrabook with a Matte screen!Hopefully other vendors will take note and follow suit...[/citation]

Samsung already has that on its series 9 laptops...

G

@AnUnusedUsername

having used both i have to say glossy are gorgeous to look at in good lighting conditions but take them into outside or even a brightly lit room and it's game over

i guess it all depends upon how mobile you really want to be, but traditionally the portege was designed for road warriors, so i guess makes sense why they choose matte

NOnja

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
[citation][nom]tgreader[/nom]Being an ultraportable made to be carried out into the sun, matte>>>>>>>>glossy.[/citation]
I think the point is that consumers want choices. Heck, even the MBP offers a matte screen option.

NOnja

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
[citation][nom]nonja[/nom]I think the point is that consumers want choices. Heck, even the MBP offers a matte screen option.[/citation]
I just noticed that the MBA (which I should have compared to) doesn't allow for screen customization... Anyway, I think there should be the option for a matte or glossy screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.