Total Freeze need to Hard reset

Kai.ru

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Hello Community

I have a pretty new Gaming PC
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: MSI 980 TI
RAM: Adata 2x 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHZ (i think it is 2133)
Motherboard: MSI PRO GAMING Z270 Carbon
PSU: it was something with corsair 850W GOLD

To get to the point it worked but after 4 Months it started freezing randomly the Screen just locked, no bluescreen or something like that it just stood still...
Nothing was possible i always had to Shut down the pc not even the reset button worked.
So i had to send the PC back to the seller they changed my mother board to the current one and after that my pc worked fine for like 6-7 Months but now after those months the same freezes started again and the freezes only happen when i'm in a game (not a specific one, in any games)
and while it freezes the light effects of the mouse and keyboard turn off but the pc just continues with the usual stuff Spinning fans and stuff like that.... at the HWMonitor nothing is overheated while gaming just the load on the i7 while playing overwatch reaches 70-90% sometimes.

i'm looking Forward to your answers

Greetings Kai

Solution
Seems strange.

Suggest another look. Sometimes Event Viewer can be slow while gathering up the data.

It can indicate "No entries" but then in just a few minutes populate the screen with multiple entries.

Just looking for any clue that might help narrow down the problem.

kairutschow

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

kairutschow

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
I'm aware of the event viewer but there is no error execept one and this one error says that the system unexpectedly restartet at a time where i was activly doing stuff at the Pc

Ralston18

Titan
Seems strange.

Suggest another look. Sometimes Event Viewer can be slow while gathering up the data.

It can indicate "No entries" but then in just a few minutes populate the screen with multiple entries.

Just looking for any clue that might help narrow down the problem.

Solution

kairutschow

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017

You mean i should look at other reports from the event viewer?
If you meant that i'll try it tomorrow with the toms hardware error ID search thing. Ty :)

Ralston18

Titan
Yes.

No harm in looking.

Event Viewer information can be cryptic as can the results of any consequential searches on the error per se. Too many websites that pop-up offering to download who knows what to fix any given problem. Often the same sites. And they also try to trick you into downloading other stuff as well.

Since you were already aware of Event Viewer that puts you ahead of the curve for the most part. Just recommend taking a longer and deeper look.

If you are convinced that there is nothing to be learned then we move on and try another approach.

E.g., the 70-90% load on the i7. Some bug, some resource "perfect storm" combination, GPU issue....?